Registration Required

General discussions of interest to readers and fans of Harlan Ellison.

Moderator: Moderator

admin
Site Admin

Registration Required

Postby admin » Fri Jun 06, 2003 10:30 pm

Registration is now required to post in all forums except "Suggestions." In the event you are unable to register, please e-mail me (webmaster@harlanellison.com) with your desired user name and password and I will set you up. Thanks!

Alex Jay Berman

Postby Alex Jay Berman » Sat Jun 07, 2003 3:21 am

I dunno; I was wondewring why this wasn't instituted upon the formation of the forum.

But then, I am shameless and open and don't really understand others' aversions to registering for things ...

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:06 am

I have added a couple of easy-peasy questions to the user registration form. You have to know our patron author's first name and the first name of his wife to register now. I also should mention a visual confirmation code was enabled a while back for registration.

As per usual, shoot me a line at the e-mail address above if this or anything else on the registration form puzzles you.

FYI, none of this, including requiring registation, was instituted initially because, like the Pavilion, I wanted to give every chance for someone's voice to be heard. Not everyone who surfs the net has reliable email. But times have changed and you would not believe the number of spam attempts we get per day here. So que sera, sera.

Return to “General”