Frank Church's news corner, the sequel.

General discussions of interest to readers and fans of Harlan Ellison.

Moderator: Moderator

Ezra Lb.

Re: Frank Church's news corner, the sequel.

Postby Ezra Lb. » Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:21 pm

I wonder who got picked to go tell Bush & Chaney to stay away from the convention? :lol: Or are they so relieved they aren't being prosecuted for their crimes that they're glad to stay away?

-------------------------

In the near future I'm going to post a liberal/left case for voting for Romney. Please wait and read it before you tell me I'm out of my fucking mind.
“We must not always talk in the marketplace,” Hester Prynne said, “of what happens to us in the forest.”
-Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Scarlet Letter

FinderDoug

Postby FinderDoug » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:10 am

Barney and Miss Beazley probably drew lots to see who had to bark the news at daddy. Bush is, in the end, a Good Party Man who lacks the stones to do other than he's told by the people running the party.

Cheney, ever the Devil's puppeteer, will work any convention mojo he needs to by phone and trusted underling; but I'm certain he'll be making the personal rounds of the millionaire donors to ensure they're all aware of the messaging for the end of the campaign and to eke out more support.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:20 pm

Tony, I don't understand your "Reds get Jim Hightower" comment. You mean communists?

Hightower is a good progressive. He has no reason to become a commie. They don't allow cowboy hats I hear.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:23 pm

Tampa will ban water guns and puppets, but not concealed guns. I shit you nonce. What if the puppet is packing heat?

Concealed brains, how about that?

------------

Michael Moore has it right on guns: "People don't kill other people Americans kill other people."

Ezra Lb.

Postby Ezra Lb. » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:58 pm

You can be dang sure that if my home state, Georgia, is ever in the news...well the news is bad.

http://entertainment.verizon.com/news/r ... 931&page=1

This is a very interesting story. Notice what they're charged with. Notice what they're not charged with. Notice who's doing the charging. Where is the FBI? Where is the Dept of Homeland Security?
“We must not always talk in the marketplace,” Hester Prynne said, “of what happens to us in the forest.”

Chuck Messer

Postby Chuck Messer » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:55 pm

The "War on Terror" (or War on Ter', if Dubya says it) has been a monster factory. Not just among middle east populations, but also here at home. You see, the US armed forces got to be dangerously overstretched and were desperately short of manpower. So, they set the bar lower for the recruitment of personnel. In some cases, it was public: educational standards, physical condition, primarily weight, that sort of thing. Unspoken, done very quietly was a policy overlooking any gang, white supremacist and neo-nazi connections. Officers who blew the whistle on this got assigned to desk duty, effectively ending their careers.

Neo-nazis and their ilk have been deliberately joining the armed forces to get military training and experience for an eventual race war in the U.S.

They were quite open about what they were, what they believed and were often sent on the most dangerous missions because they were antisocial, violent people.

Now they're coming back home, to a country that is one big candy store for buying the kind of weapons needed for mass violence. Especially Arizona, which is Candyland itself. This is the "War on Terror's" dirty little secret. Imagine the Aurora shooter, only he's one of these battle-hardened vetrans who know the AR-15 inside and out and he and probably others in his team are shooting up a mosque or a synegogue or one of them lib-burl papers you hear so much about.

US citizens are going to pay for what our leaders have done. And pay, and pay, and pay.

Chuck
Some people are wedded to their ideology the way nuns are wed to God.

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:03 am

Great post, Chuck.

The brutal lesson is that many in our country STILL don't understand this is what we have done. Or want to.

The fascinating thing for me is that you never see Navy (or former Navy) sailors doing this sort of thing. Air Force rarely.

So there's a direct connection between grunts and social violence.
- I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

cynic

Postby cynic » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:10 am

wow
follow your bliss,mike

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:25 pm

Yea, our Chuck is on point.

Terrorism is a pain in the butt, not a major thing. Gun violence, that's bad.

diane bartels

Postby diane bartels » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:38 pm

Brains! Concealed Brains! Congealed Brains. I want some Gimme me brains

See I can do zombie too.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:45 pm

I'm worried, the continuing violence in cities may turn some of them Republican one day.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:48 pm

Here's what Obama should do next week: Trot out a bunch of people who were fucked over by Bain Capital, have them tell the prime time audience how Mitt the monster thumb screwed their American dream.

Ezra Lb.

Postby Ezra Lb. » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:23 am

Obama is waiting for Isaac to pass so he can go look Presidential. If the Almighty really supports the Republicans he sure does have bad timing.

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:57 pm

Ezra Lb. wrote:Obama is waiting for Isaac to pass so he can go look Presidential. If the Almighty really supports the Republicans he sure does have bad timing.

As I've noted elsewhere, if the hurricane struck the Democratic convention a number of Conservative pundits would label it a sign from God.
- I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

diane bartels

Postby diane bartels » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:18 pm

I (your friend) post that I want Brains and not one of tries to save me from the Zombie Apocolypse?

Return to “General”