Frank Church's news corner, the sequel.

General discussions of interest to readers and fans of Harlan Ellison.

Moderator: Moderator

robochrist

Re: Frank Church's news corner, the sequel.

Postby robochrist » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:39 pm

Now it's the crusade in behalf of Putin!

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:28 pm

It's the usual east--west bullshit. Putin is supporting his foreign policy we are reacting in the usual way an empire does: we run shit, heel Vlad, good dog.

-------------

Great Gaza reporting on the Young Turks:

http://www.mediaite.com/online/cenk-uyg ... -day-long/

They made a good point: if we were under occupation, hell, we would be on the constant kill, it would go well beyond shitty rockets.

Protest in Tel Aviv? Wow. Israelis are getting it.

Robert Nason

Postby Robert Nason » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:32 pm

There goes Frank again, Putin on the Ritz.
"Thought is a strenuous art -- few practice it, and then only at rare times." - David Ben-Gurion

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:09 pm

Sorry, Frank. He's an egotistical nationalistic aggressor. If we were doing the same things to Mexico as he is doing in Ukraine, you'd be apoplectic and you know it. Think of him as Israel and Ukraine as Palestine.
- I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

robochrist

Postby robochrist » Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:46 pm

I've talked about Russian here in the past, and at some length. From the time Yeltsin was still in power through recent events, I've been close to the conditions there because MOST of my friends and acquaintances for the last 15 years came from there and still see their families back there. That's because my former girlfriend is Russian/Georgian (our relationship changed after our first 3 years together, and, mostly due to her impossible temperment has since changed into a long, now platonic friendship.

The Yeltsin era was the only time in Russia's history when freedom of expression was genuine. It was remarkable to watch. Once Putin took power that was quickly wiped out. And since that time, corrupt billionaires, the Russian Mafia, have controlled the economy and the politics. Even now, if Russian journalists poke their noses into the wrong places they are killed. That's Putin's Russia. Keep the people dumb and happy with brainless fluff pervading the airwaves and contrained news reporting FOX-style. Closest thing to Huxley's BRAVE NEW WORLD I've seen so far. (The potential precipice WE face is that the U.S. could turn into the same setting if the megamerges aren't brought under constraint; as it is, we've a crony Supreme Court and Congress, and if countertides weaken further than they had during Bush's tenure, and the residue left over, a future in America COULD look like Putin's Russia)

Putin is a Neocons wet dream! He uses government to the serviceability of an oligarchy! Hands off capitalism at the top, all the wealth concentrated.

Frank, THAT'S what you're protecting! Frank, you constantly reveal yourself outright ignorant of the details on every issue you post about, and bullshitting through what few facts and factoids you gather through the limited channels you adhere to.

Frank, you don't know what you're talking about. You bullshit your way through 90% of it. I'm gonna stay away from your posts. I'm not reading them anymore. Your posting is disingenuous, anyway; it's never offered for the purpose of a true discussion. Which is why you most often post whatever you want and read as little as possible of the replies. It's a waste of time if you're gonna bullshit.

Chuck Messer

Postby Chuck Messer » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:48 pm

Let's not also forget that Putin has a special relationship with the Russian Orthodox Church. You can go to prison for hurting their feelings. President of a republic and Defender of the Faith do not go together.

Putin is a dick. He has always been a dick. Ukraine is simply his coming-out party as a world-class dick. He struts and postures like Mussolini. His posturing and Defending the Faith has made him the darling of some far-right loonies here in the US, though his antics are repellant to most mainstream conservatives and liberals.

Vladino Putinolini. World Class Dick.

Chuck
Some people are wedded to their ideology the way nuns are wed to God.

robochrist

Postby robochrist » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:09 pm

That's as clear-cut as anyone could describe Putin! A total Narcissist! The Orthodox stuff was outside my radar, but I DO know the billionaires over there LOVE him!

13% of the country's popultion lives below the poverty line, while the 97 wealthiest jointly own 31 times the collective income of the poorest. And that rift still widens. That's outright evil! Very, VERY much the road this country has been riding for 20 years.

robochrist

Postby robochrist » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:21 pm

2 narcissists bond: "LET'S BLOW THIS SCENE AND GO TO MY PLACE"

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:22 am

I get my Russia info from Steve Cohen and Katrina Vandenheuvel, two Russia experts. Best to rely on people who know what they say, a basic Sagan meme.

As I have said several times I would protest Putin if I was Russian, but I am not, I am American and my duty is to care what we do or do not do. We should not start another cold war.

We need Russia on Iran on Syria on global economy. That's the reality beyond the macro ignorance of Rob.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:23 am

My guess is the rebels thought the plane was a military jet and they did a mistake and shot it down, an awful mistake.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:31 am

Ok, another fucking interview with Netanyahu, are they fucking insane? They should make the crazy bastard debate Amira Hass. It is dangerous to just show muslims around the world that Jewish people are just one thing. The good Israelis are everywhere if they look.

FinderDoug

Postby FinderDoug » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:46 am

Mistake or not, it takes two to tango, Frank - and Russia's Channel One (75% owned by the government, with the other 25% held by friends of Putin's) claiming Ukraine shot the plane down with the help of the CIA in order to destroy Russia's economy certainly doesn't help clear the air, does it?

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:16 pm

I don't get channel one. :)

RT is good. Paid for by Russia but Abby Martin has dissed Russian aggression and she has not been fired. Their coverage of Gaze is certainly better even though Putin has his own muslim problem.

-------------

I would surmise Barber and Rob do not get their information from actual Russia experts. Hating Russia is easy, nuance is better.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:27 pm

A whole debunking of Israel's reasons for killing civilians:

http://www.thenation.com/article/180783 ... a-debunked

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:38 pm

The liberal cable network has their own Gaza problem:

http://www.thenation.com/blog/180777/wh ... i-coverage

That Chris Hayes missive about cable news is really ignorant. You diss them a little bit and it is right that they blacklist you? Talk about thin skinned. It does figure as to why Jeff Cohen is no-go since 2004.

Return to “General”