Frank Church's news corner, the sequel.

General discussions of interest to readers and fans of Harlan Ellison.

Moderator: Moderator

Site Admin

Re: Frank Church's news corner, the sequel.

Postby Moderator » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:14 pm

Robert Nason wrote:Barber: Understood. (I can just imagine the stimulating conversations you had around your dinner table while growing up! And I'm being completely serious when I say that.)

Thank you. And yes, we were held to the fire.
- I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Robert Nason

Postby Robert Nason » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:33 pm

You seem to have come out of it unscathed. :)
"Thought is a strenuous art -- few practice it, and then only at rare times." - David Ben-Gurion

Ezra Lb.

Postby Ezra Lb. » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:31 am

"Mowing the lawn". What an interesting euphemism. That pesky grass always seems to grow back though. And the "mowing" never ends. And the grass always gets the blame for growing back. Interesting how that works.
“We must not always talk in the marketplace,” Hester Prynne said, “of what happens to us in the forest.”
-Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Scarlet Letter

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:51 am

Robert Nason wrote:You seem to have come out of it unscathed. :)

For the most part. 8)
- I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:16 pm

The American kid who was beat up by Israeli thugs was on Chris Hayes for his first interview. Good, naive, American kid. I am glad to live in a country where we care more about our muslims than the slimy criminal state of Israel.

Ezra, the grass is innocent. The crab grass is Israeli logic.

--------

Hamas told NBC that they do not embed with Civilians. I do know that Israel hit a hospital and even John Kerry is flustered at the pinpoint accuracy of thuggery.

Good to see the NBC reporter come back to Gaza after him being taken out, only because of online outrage. Yea, protest. It works.

Israel, so far is against any cease fire. Bastards.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:18 pm

Nason, I take it your local media is all over the cop, choke hold death of that black man? Another sick police murder.

Robert Nason

Postby Robert Nason » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:47 pm

"Hamas told NBC they do not embed with Civilians [sic]."

Well, if Hamas says so, how can anyone not believe them? After all, they told NBC they don't!

"even John Kerry is flustered" --even John Kerry. Who would have guessed? John Kerry is renowned for saying such good things about Israel!

This is too easy. Shooting ducks in a barrel.
"Thought is a strenuous art -- few practice it, and then only at rare times." - David Ben-Gurion

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:48 pm

FrankChurch wrote:Hamas told NBC that they do not embed with Civilians.

Yeah...it's so unfortunate that reality is what it is. They've been shown, many times, to employ exactly this tactic.

I mean, if I walk into a room and find my favorite pillow in my dog's mouth, shredded, with stuffing all over the room, do I really accept his explanation that I didn't see what was clearly in front of me?

It's a tactic both Hamas and Hezbollah have used hundreds of times in the past, Frank. But, gee, they tell NBC they don't, they must be right. No reason for them to, y'know, lie about it.

:?

diane bartels

Postby diane bartels » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:03 pm

Pray for peace. Unless you are not a believer. Then send all the peaceful thoughts you can muster.

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:05 pm

To hide the tunnel work from Israeli intelligence, the entrances are mostly located on the bottom floor of houses, mosques, schools or other public buildings.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-28430298

FinderDoug

Postby FinderDoug » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:27 pm

Another sick police murder.
Murder, as part of the definition, requires premeditation. Are you saying when the officer in question went to work that morning, he was already intent on killing this man? Do you have something to back up this claim? Or are you content to simply commit libel from afar?

Did the officer exercise terrible judgment? Absolutely.
Did he use a chokehold in violation of NYPD policy? No question.
Will it cost him his badge? I think in this case, yes, it will.
Is he going to get eaten alive in a civil trial? Almost certainly.
Could he be charged with involuntary manslaughter? Entirely possible.

Did he murder the guy? You made the claim, Frank - produce the evidence.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:55 pm

First, the FAA bans flights into Israel, a subtle form of punishment for Netanyahu, disguised as playing it safe. But get this: Netanyahu is livid. He thinks it is safe to fly into Israel and sit around the pool, I guess. Bibi, I thought Hamas wanted to destroy Israel? Wouldn't that mean tourism is dangerous? He is admitting that it is safe in Israel after all. The fucking guy gave himself away.

They have to kill over six hundred people because of these dangerous rockets, but tourists are a-ok. Which is it Bibi?

--------

I knew about the tunnels, but many of the tunnels are to get goods like food to Gaza, because of the illegal siege. They also interviewed civilians and they said Hamas was not using them as shields.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:56 pm

I bet the cop gets off, like they always do. I hope he does get jailed Doug. If not fear or riots is not out of line.

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:08 pm

The entrances and probably the tunnels themselves are booby-trapped with explosives. These were first used during the Israeli offensive against Gaza in 2008-09. They were deemed successful so the project was expanded and accelerated.

And to reiterate

the entrances are mostly located on the bottom floor of houses, mosques, schools or other public buildings.

Say again they're not hiding behind civilians???

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:22 pm

I was looking at the Security Council meeting on the Gaza conflict. I'm sure the media has in depth reports about it. Not. The Palestinians called it a genocide.

NBC news is saying something different Barber.

Israel intelligence is right up there with North Korea.

Return to “General”