Frank Church's news corner, the sequel.

General discussions of interest to readers and fans of Harlan Ellison.

Moderator: Moderator

robochrist

Re: Frank Church's news corner, the sequel.

Postby robochrist » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:44 pm

I haven't had the impression that the world by-and-large wants to be CIVILIZED! Oh, we get some crazy exceptions here-and-there, but, let's be real, the human race generally prefers keeping it a wild monkey house! And you'll note that most of those who support it are big believers in a God!

In any case, it simply CAN'T be that hard to put somebody to sleep. Hell, dentists have done it!

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:50 am

Ezra doesn't want serial killers executed but he doesn't mind children killed in Gaza. Is he serious?

Great to see a protest movement build up in West Bank. They cannot blame Hamas. Met with the usual Israeli violence, even though it was largely peaceful.

Abbas better quit being Israel's poodle or he may be overthrown.

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:01 pm

FrankChurch wrote:Ezra doesn't want serial killers executed but he doesn't mind children killed in Gaza. Is he serious?

Frank, I find it incredibly offensive when you jump to these conclusions or say it merely to shock.

Show me once...once...when Ezra stated he didn't mind the deaths in Gaza! You're deliberately seeking to give offense here, and it's not acceptable. This is why people marginalize your opinions.

In my official capacity: Stop it.

Now.
- I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:05 pm

I agree and I apologize to Ezra.

It was good to see Human Rights Watch give a pretty blistering critique. It was sad to see democrats merely read from Israel government talking points.

Makes you wonder if they even give a shit on any issue.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:06 pm

This is something since HRW is very pro America. Something the left has had issues with.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:34 pm

Ezra, do you forgive me?

Robert Nason

Postby Robert Nason » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:00 pm

Robert De Niro takes a huge stand for Israel:

http://conservativetribune.com/deniro-s ... or-israel/
"Thought is a strenuous art -- few practice it, and then only at rare times." - David Ben-Gurion

robochrist

Postby robochrist » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:01 pm

Conservative Tribune :roll:

Robert Nason

Postby Robert Nason » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:00 pm

Are you suggesting the Tribune is lying?
"Thought is a strenuous art -- few practice it, and then only at rare times." - David Ben-Gurion

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:17 pm

Ezra, don't bother responding to the above. I'm handling this.
- I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Ezra Lb.

Postby Ezra Lb. » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:20 pm

Thank you Barber.

Frank if you had asked me why I feel so strongly about capital punishment or what I think about the Israelis' behavior in Gaza I would have been happy to answer you. But apparently you weren't interested in an actual conversation. You don't know me. You think you do but you don't. You simply cannot judge people by posts on the internet. This is why I take any opportunity that presents itself to actually physically interact with as many people on this board as possible. It's easy to put up a mask on the net. But live and in person no one can fail to slip and let the real person come through. And what you find is that no one is capable of being squeezed into a box. Everyone has obsessions and complexes, itches they need to scratch, delusions, and if they're lucky, things to love. You have no idea what people carry around inside, what pains, what sorrows, what hopes, what fears. If you understand this you won't need my forgiveness. If you don't understand it then no amount of forgiveness will do.
“We must not always talk in the marketplace,” Hester Prynne said, “of what happens to us in the forest.”
-Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Scarlet Letter

robochrist

Postby robochrist » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:21 pm

Robert,

Not about DeNiro, in particular.

Ezra Lb.

Postby Ezra Lb. » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:15 am

Whoops Barber didn't see your last post before I posted mine but it's ok, thanks again.

Evidence that seems to show Russian artillery firing into Ukraine at government positions.

http://news.msn.com/world/video?videoid ... 8e301b48c4
“We must not always talk in the marketplace,” Hester Prynne said, “of what happens to us in the forest.”
-Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Scarlet Letter

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:26 am

Ezra Lb. wrote:Evidence that seems to show Russian artillery firing into Ukraine at government positions.

http://news.msn.com/world/video?videoid ... 8e301b48c4

I'm finding the rhetoric from Moscow to be almost word for word classic Cold War Soviet-era propaganda. It's a truly terrifying thing to see it happening all over again. The media there, almost -- almost -- completely in the government's control -- has been spouting "party line" to a tee.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kevin-m-f-platt/russian-media-on-malaysia_b_5603733.html

http://time.com/3019915/russian-media-narrative-on-mh17-tragedy-highlights-kremlins-grip-on-public-opinion/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/ukraine/10977082/Russian-government-edits-Wikipedia-on-flight-MH17.html

I say almost. One media source is speaking out.

http://en.novayagazeta.ru

http://www.mediaite.com/print/forgive-us-netherlands-russian-newspaper-prints-front-page-apology-for-mh17/

I fear for where this is going, and fear more the short and long-term consequences.

(Congress, of course, is fiddling...)

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:00 am

We should also talk about the violence being done by Ukraine, a coup government. They are going after the Russian supporters in awful ways. There is also no link to Putin and he would be pretty stupid to shoot down a plane.

We need a cease fire between Ukraine and Russia. Negotiate with Russia and promise them that Ukraine will not join NATO, that power sharing can be done with Europe and with Russia. We certainly do not need another Cold War, because we cannot afford it and it would risk global death for us all.

Return to “General”