Frank Church's news corner, the sequel.

General discussions of interest to readers and fans of Harlan Ellison.

Moderator: Moderator

FrankChurch

Re: Frank Church's news corner, the sequel.

Postby FrankChurch » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:18 pm

Tariq Ali thinks awarding the European Union the Nobel Peace Prize is a fucking joke. No doubt he is right:

http://www.zcommunications.org/european ... -tariq-ali

diane bartels

Postby diane bartels » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:54 am

They gave it to the EU cause there is, for the first time, no major war one the continent among the major players. They didnt get the economics prize, Tariq is wrong.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:02 pm

He's wrong because I like him. :roll:

Chuck Messer

Postby Chuck Messer » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:20 pm

Since the turn of the century, I've thought the pacification of Europe to be one of the twentieth century's unsung achievements. Nice to know it's finally been recognized.

Chuck
Some people are wedded to their ideology the way nuns are wed to God.

Ezra Lb.

Postby Ezra Lb. » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:37 pm

FrankChurch wrote:He's wrong because I like him. :roll:

No Frank it's just the opposite. You like him because he's wrong. :lol: :lol: :lol:
“We must not always talk in the marketplace,” Hester Prynne said, “of what happens to us in the forest.”
-Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Scarlet Letter

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:57 pm

The best rule of thumb is if the media shuns you it probably means you are right.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:04 pm

I forgot to post this. This is some disgusting audio secretly taped by a black gentleman in NY, harrassed by the police in their idiotic stop and frisk bullshit. This is some really racist filth:

http://www.thenation.com/blog/170471/st ... -and-frisk

Imagine what it's like in a city that's not liberal centered.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:51 pm

Thom Hartmann loves Hugo Chavez too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWAx_Mzc ... ature=plcp

He's democratic guys.

diane bartels

Postby diane bartels » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:03 pm

NOBODY CARES ABOUT CHAVEZ OR THOM HARTMANN FRANK EXCEPT FOR YOU. YOU NEED TO GO TO COLLEGE TO FIND OUT WHY TARIQ IS WRONG AND PACIFICATION OF EUROPE AFTER LITERALLY HUNDRED OF YEARS OF DESTRUCTIVE AND BLOODY WARFARE IS A MAJOR ACCOMPLISHMENT. I CAN TALK A LITTLE SLOWER THAT THIS. READ SOMETHING ANYTHING OUTSIDE OF CHOMPERS AND HIS SET. I TRIPLE DOG DARE YOU TO READ AN AUTHOR WHO YOU KNOW YOU DISAGREE WITH. TRIPLE DOG.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:01 am

Austerity is really killing Europe. Yea, that works.

I'd prefer the people run Europe, not the oligarchs. Global capitalism pulls the strings. Those strings need to be cut. Freedom is as joyous as that first cup of coffee. Inhale it Diane.

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:33 pm

Okay, I will admit I've missed something vital. I've gone back a couple of pages and can't figure out where the conversation left the road, but I'm calling time out.

Frank, in the last day you've managed to insult and inflame Diane, Lori and Doug, as well as continue to rub salt in other wounds. I've given you more than enough piano wire over the years.

We'll see you in a few days. If you post anything....anything...in the forums before Monday I'm deleting it wholesale.

See you Monday, hopefully a bit less of an ass than you've become.
- I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:04 pm

Guys, I'm ignoring the polls. There is something fishy going on.

It's all about the ground game. I live in the heart of Cincinnati and I have seen zero Romney bumper stickers.

I feel sorry for Florida and North Carolina, that they have to go back to the nineteenth century. I had hope for them.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:25 pm

I finally have the whole video of when Chomsky was on Bill Maher and Andrew Sullivan's loopy overage after:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Vo9LwuPptU

Sullivan, who is a respected blogger at the Atlantic Monthly knows next to nothing about him. All of Chomsky's books were banned in the Soviet Union, including the linguistic ones, because they were seen as too anti-Soviet.

He does not support totalitarianism, but what Sullivan hates is his outs the times we do our own brand. Nobody defends free speech and democracy more, since anarchism is the only truly democratic idea.

Sullivan gets lots of media treatment while my Chomskers gets the blacklist.

Ezra Lb.

Postby Ezra Lb. » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:04 pm

This was the first "debate" that I actually paid total attention to while it was happening. I thought Obama nailed this one right to the wall. Not even close. Whether anyone else was looking or can be convinced at this point I have no idea.

One pundit last week raised the interesting possibility that the election will be so close that Obama might win the electoral votes and Romney might win the popular vote. It would be amusing to watch the Republicans insist on a full recount and the Democrats argue that Obama was the legitimate president.
“We must not always talk in the marketplace,” Hester Prynne said, “of what happens to us in the forest.”
-Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Scarlet Letter

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:31 pm

According to the David Cay Johnston book, Warren Buffett's hedge fund owns much of the railroads. These railroads purposely go as slow as possible so that they can charge more money. They also don't allow companies to use rail cars if they cannot fill an entire car. Mining companies are forced to use railroads to haul coal and it explains why electric rates are so high.

Other companies, because of the rail expense are forced to use trucks to haul, which takes longer and costs more for their goods.

Our government gave railroads this special law.

Note: Buffett is an Obama supporter.

Return to “General”