SCIENCE VS RELIGION

General discussions of interest to readers and fans of Harlan Ellison.

Moderator: Moderator

diane bartels

Re: SCIENCE VS RELIGION

Postby diane bartels » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:36 pm

"Seriously dude? HI let me reintroduce me. Im the handicapped girl with the brain injuries. Whadda want from me. It was at that point He stopped talking back. He just said more. (ps this is a serious post. I struggle with my God and our world about 40 percent of the time. He struggles with me about 30. The rest of the time thing flow copacetically . Im serioussly bummed at the silence. and a little pod)

diane bartels

Postby diane bartels » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:40 pm

Seriously dude, Im the handicapped girl with the brain injuries( yeah plural) whadda want from me. It was then He stopped talking except to say More. Aint real sure I got more, but I am going to try. Think I will start here by engaging you all in conversation. Cause you are a tres interessant bunch.. One thing, when I am trying to do the More, I tend to lapse into badly spelt and poorly pronounced French. Sorry.

diane bartels

Postby diane bartels » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:41 pm

thought that didn't post the first time, but it's all what Im thinking and feeling tonite, so it can all stay.

Steve Evil

Postby Steve Evil » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:02 am

We do the best we can: we're only human. Demanding more is just exploitation. It's how the Soviets squeezed the workers without improving wages. It's how the wealthy sleep with themselves at night, and how church hiearchy explain why Bad Things happen to Good People.

The world is cold heartless and cruel, and if occasionaly it grinds us down, there is no shame shouting back, Hallmark be damned. Hang in there.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:07 pm

The church also does a lot of great things. We should hope the church gets better. Christians have problems too, me more so. lol.

Diane, Gaia loves the sinner as well. Mother Nature is actually Norman Bates wearing his mommas scrubs.

diane bartels

Postby diane bartels » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:12 am

Thanks guys. God and I are back on good terms. Frank, I hear you on those bills. Got them coming out my ears too. Bad times economic wise.

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:50 am

Well...technically speaking, Gaia doesn't love us unless we love ourselves.

Technically speaking.
- I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:01 am

I know you hope God is a spotted dog, Jazzgroupie.

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:06 am

FrankChurch wrote:I know you hope God is a spotted dog, Jazzgroupie.

God may not BE a spotted dog, but the spotted dog is a lot closer to God than quite a few humans I know (many of them self-professed Christians).

Just sayin'.
- I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:10 am

That reminds me of George Carlin: You never hear of chickens beating their hens.

diane bartels

Postby diane bartels » Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:03 pm

I'm trying to remember a story I read a couple years back. I am pretty sure it was in Temple Grandin's amazing book. A few years ago, a group of roosters did start attacking the hens, damaging them badly and killing some. The farmers couldn't find a reason, and called Temple in. I don't remember if it was something about their enclosure or if it was the food they were fed or a combo, but it was something the humans were doing. I think Temple fixed it. That is the story as I remember it. But it was a couple years ago, so I may have some details wrong.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:59 pm

Rooster serial killers, good God.

I do trust the turtles though.

Mark Tiedemann

Postby Mark Tiedemann » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:04 am

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:37 pm

When Hitchens died I noticed that atheist discussions on the media died. You don't see as much on the subject these days.

The best thing is for people of sincere faith and secular types to work together so that we can go after the people that make religion look bad.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:46 pm

The great James Randi on deceptive marketing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GzBglu-3ZA

On Cold Fusion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BemTGkjl6U

Let's remember the first video when conservatives say there is too much regulation.

The second as to why 9/11 Truthers are such buttholes. Capitalist idiots will bankrole anything.

Return to “General”