THE PAVILION ANNEX

General discussions of interest to readers and fans of Harlan Ellison.

Moderator: Moderator

Mark Tiedemann

Re: THE PAVILION ANNEX

Postby Mark Tiedemann » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:48 pm

New anthology, which includes a new story by moi:

http://marktiedemann.com/wordpress/?p=1515

Steve Evil

Postby Steve Evil » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:14 pm

Barber wrote:First comment: You used the @ symbol in your address, which immediately triggers Phishing warnings in a lot of computer servers.

And blogspot already gave me a cookie for visiting your site.

(More comments to follow.)

*ahem*. No @ in the address. :roll: What I meant to type was stevedylan.blogspot.ca

Sorry Steve, but Duane's won that particular honour. . .

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:32 pm

Where is Diane?

---------

Steve Evil, changing last names again? lol

diane bartels

Postby diane bartels » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:47 pm

I'm here Frank. Just tired today. Was in that play over the weekend and it was a lot of fun. But yesterday and today I was really fatigued. How are you?

Mark Tiedemann

Postby Mark Tiedemann » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:27 am

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:25 pm

Hope you had a good challenge, Di.

I'm good. Concerned about November, but good.

I just don't get why anyone would want to vote for Romney. He's so easy to see through.

------------

By the way they had a third party debate last night. It's on ourtube. Good.

Tony Rabig

Postby Tony Rabig » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:23 pm

Not that hard to figure, Frank.

If you didn't vote for Barack Obama in 2008, it's entirely possible you won't vote for him this time either. If you voted for him in 2008 believing that he would in fact be a different kind of leader instead of just a Chicago politician writ large, you might be disappointed enough to vote against Obama this time. If you've been on the fence so far in this election, no matter how you voted last time, and you see nothing to make you think that the next 4 years will be any different than the last 4, you might not vote for Obama. Doesn't mean that you think Romney will be the greatest pres since Lincoln -- just means you think there's a good chance he'll be better than what we've got now.

Does that help?

Bests to all,
--tr

Steve Evil

Postby Steve Evil » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:00 pm

FrankChurch wrote: ---------

Steve Evil, changing last names again? lol

No Frank, I'm writing under a name people can pronounce. It is not uncommon. I am also very weary of hackers and trolls. I'm sure you'll understand. . .

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:26 pm

Lori, I'd avoid Forum on KQED, since Camille Paglia was there today. Don't want you to blow a gasket.

-------------

Hope to see something interesting there Steve Evolve. :)

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:03 pm

A gentleman with Down Syndrome went after the insipid Ann Coulter after she called Obama a retard:

http://tv.msnbc.com/2012/10/24/special- ... rd-insult/

We cannot let them win.

robochrist

Postby robochrist » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:59 pm

Tony R: [quote][Doesn't mean that you think Romney will be the greatest pres since Lincoln -- just means you think there's a good chance he'll be better than what we've got now./quote]

I don't think even Frank would go that far.

But I suspect you would, Tony, and you probably do.

If Romney wins, jas' as I predicted about Bush in 2000, the whole fucking country is going down. Maybe you won't suffer much, I don't know. Maybe you're doin' ok. But most of the middle class will join the poor in fighting over the scraps. And think of the corrupt Supreme Court he'll reinforce with more right-wing cronies!

Jeezus-goddam-Christ!!!!!!

Tony Rabig

Postby Tony Rabig » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:40 pm

Hi, Rob.

No, I don't think Romney would be the greatest pres since Lincoln, although I do think he'd be better than what we have now. But maybe that's just me -- I haven't pulled the lever for a Democrat since 1982.

As to how I'm doing -- never have been and never will be upper class, if that matters.

Bests,
--tr

paul

Postby paul » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:18 am

Diane, I hope you had a great time in the play, with many more to come. I have a bit o'the acting bug myself. Many extroverts do, I suppose. :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Californians, how do you feel about Prop 34? I've always been amazed at the back and forth over the years there.
The medium is the message.

Mark Tiedemann

Postby Mark Tiedemann » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:58 am

http://marktiedemann.com/wordpress/?p=1524

Steve, I may be doing a bit of what you do (doubtless at much lower level). Previews.

Mark Tiedemann

Postby Mark Tiedemann » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:04 am

Tony Rabig wrote:No, I don't think Romney would be the greatest pres since Lincoln, although I do think he'd be better than what we have now.

I honestly don't get that. Exactly what would make a Republican president better right now, especially one that touts a tax cut for everyone and debt reduction plus increased spending (on the military, mind you, not on people)? For me, it's not so much Romney but that he would be saddled with a GOP that has been demonstrably pro-rich and anti-safety net for two decades or more (consistently, that is, they haven't always been so venal and nakedly social darwinist). While there are a number of things Obama has done---and not done---that I don't like, given the hand he was dealt I don't see that he's made anything worse and has in fact improved the situation on several fronts. The only complaint everyone seems to have is that he didn't do it all yesterday. What progress he has made Romney has all but sworn to undo and given the way this sort of thing plays out, that will only lead to more pain, not less. Romney can't even keep his positions consistent or his facts straight from one stump speech to the next. I see a meat puppet, not a president.

But that's just me.

I am curious, thought. What did everyone actually think Obama could have done any faster?

Return to “General”