THE PAVILION ANNEX

General discussions of interest to readers and fans of Harlan Ellison.

Moderator: Moderator

FrankChurch

Re: THE PAVILION ANNEX

Postby FrankChurch » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:43 pm

RT comes out of Russia Godless one. If KGB thugs see the worth in Chomsky then good for the KGB. We have our own secret police, but at least their public doesn't embrace them.

Steve Evil

Postby Steve Evil » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:43 pm

Last I heard, the public overwhelmingly approved of the pussy riot arrests. . .

Anti blasphemy laws, anti gay laws, (alleged) assassination of journalists. Russia ain't no panacea.

paul

Postby paul » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:19 pm

A friend of the family has gone missing in the Mesa Verde National Park, Colorado area.

http://www.nps.gov/meve/parknews/13_16_missinghiker.htm

http://www.crossroadstoday.com/content/ ... beNp0LTZaM

It's been three days and several search parties, and frankly we're worried sick.
Kat's (wife person) sister Kristine had CP and Dale's wife was one of her caretakers. Nicest woman in the world and treated Kristine like family. Her whole family did. I can't imagine what they're going through, and things are looking bleaker by the day.
As an atheist, I'm not exactly asking for prayers and good thoughts, but if anyone is walking around Mesa Verde, particularly the quarter mile to the Spruce Tree House, keep an eye open, okay?
The medium is the message.

Lori Koonce

Postby Lori Koonce » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:56 am

Sorry to hear that Paul, positives from me to you and yours.

Looks like this is the month for our loved ones to be suffering. My dad has been in hospital since Tuesday. They thought he had penumoina but have found that I this a blood infection from a neglected rotten tooth. They also think that he may have the equivalent of a boil on his heart. Which would explain the overly high blood pressure reading when they admitted him. He's looking at a long course of IV meds and a possible endoscopic operation to remove the "boil".

Said hat to say this. Apologizes are going out now for possible bad behavior on my part. I'm just dealing with this' and an episode of depression At the same time. Not making excuses, but being honest with a group of people I've come to consider friends.

Ezra Lb.

Postby Ezra Lb. » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:58 pm

Lori & paul I'm sorry to hear about your friends' and families' troubles. I hope all goes well.

Frank don't be silly.
“We must not always talk in the marketplace,” Hester Prynne said, “of what happens to us in the forest.”
-Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Scarlet Letter

Lori Koonce

Postby Lori Koonce » Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:25 pm

EZ

Thanks for the kind thoughts...

And just none question. Frank not being silly, isn't that like the Potomac freezing over. In the realm of the possible, but not very likely? :mrgreen:

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:19 pm

Paul, Lori
Time YOU both got your "good news", like Ezra's recovery and Cris' improved diagnosis. Paul, hope they're found soon. Lori, hope your father recovers fully and quickly.

Sheesh. 2013 wasn't supposed to be like this!
- I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Chuck Messer

Postby Chuck Messer » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:17 pm

Paul and Lori, I hope your family's troubles are sorted out soon. I know how much it sucks to see them suffer.

Chuck
Some people are wedded to their ideology the way nuns are wed to God.

Lori Koonce

Postby Lori Koonce » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:25 pm

Barber wrote:Paul, Lori
Time YOU both got your "good news", like Ezra's recovery and Cris' improved diagnosis. Paul, hope they're found soon. Lori, hope your father recovers fully and quickly.

Sheesh. 2013 wasn't supposed to be like this!

Dad's going to be fine. I come from tough German stock. Mom told me last night that she was told that the kind of infection he's got is curable but will be with him for a bit. The human mouth is a bactiera party just waiting to happen.

And if he takes better care of his teeth, this should be then first and last time this happens. Here's hoping that getting a boil on your heart, and having it lanced will cure him of his dentist phobia once and for all

diane bartels

Postby diane bartels » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:27 pm

Glad to hear Cris has a more optimistic outlook Steve. You guys and Lori and Paul's relations are all my thoughts and prayers. db

Chuck Messer

Postby Chuck Messer » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:30 pm

My best to Lori's Dad and Chris Barber. I'm glad the outlook is positive for both.

And where in the freaky deaky hell did this Matt guy come from? I mean, goddamn!

Chuck
Some people are wedded to their ideology the way nuns are wed to God.

Ezra Lb.

Postby Ezra Lb. » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:09 pm

Steve B just read your post over at the pavilion. Slow and treatable. Well that's a start. All the best.

And about M...yeah, goddamn!
“We must not always talk in the marketplace,” Hester Prynne said, “of what happens to us in the forest.”
-Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Scarlet Letter

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:37 pm

Thanks guys. Yeah, it's the best of the possible outcomes. She's got a great doctor, great attitude and really promising prognosis.

She's dreading the chemo, of course, but will do what's needed.

Paul, any word?
- I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:44 am

You mean radiation or just pills?

Steve Evil

Postby Steve Evil » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:15 am

Well, not exactly one for the Good News file, but definitely for the "Take Heart" file, anyway. The thief can be beaten; my father beat it some years ago, and, to my knowledge, has been fine ever since. So did an ex-girlfriend of mine, as did one of my favorite singers. There is definitely cause for optimism, and I expect to be hearing genuine good news in no time at all.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Best of luck Paul. . .

Return to “General”