THE PAVILION ANNEX

General discussions of interest to readers and fans of Harlan Ellison.

Moderator: Moderator

Lori Koonce

Re: THE PAVILION ANNEX

Postby Lori Koonce » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:02 am

OMG, I don't have a clue hiw to respond to this....

"Dear Lori:

Your posts, every one of them, have been read by me over the years. Your company is greatly appreciated; if you've gotten back mostly no-reply, it is only because 98.6% of the people who come here are quadruple amputees, chacma baboons, or PC-saturated Conta/Metra/Bi&Anglo/Sexual Republico-Demo-Uncommitted otherwise-occupied
Folk of a Paisley Shade who need to have us notice them..."

If I werentr in a coffee shop, I swear I'd be acting like a fangirl.

reddragon70

Postby reddragon70 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:20 am

Go on and act like a fangirl anyway. you know you want to :)

I know I went a wee bit wide of the eye when Harlan said he thought me being a train driver was cool. I mean... I'm just me... nothing special. I feel so unworthy LOL

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:27 pm

Some of you are new so you may not know that Harlan used some of my prose for an essay he wrote for a DVD extra. I will always be mighty proud of that.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:34 pm

I hope my posting will get more takers to come here and jaw. We need new blood.

Lori Koonce

Postby Lori Koonce » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:39 pm

FrankChurch wrote:Some of you are new so you may not know that Harlan used some of my prose for an essay he wrote for a DVD extra. I will always be mighty proud of that.

Can't let me be happy can you. It is only because I cannot think of anything to say that isn't curse laden that you don't get to know just hiw angry I am right now. I'm guessing that you are jealous that while you end up with rebukes worded in ways that you dont understand, I get to have.dialogs with the man.

I am starting to think that you may be the type that Harlan was refering to when he said this to me "...Fuck'm, they don't deserve your attention, Koonce!"

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:43 pm

Lori -
I don't think Frank was leveling anything at you, nor was he trying to deflate your high. He simply posted a comment about his own "ecstatic moment" with harlan. We all want our 15 minutes..

(And for what it's worth, I must be new since I'd never known Harlan used some of Frank's prose.)

I think Harlan's comment to you on the Pav is certainly something to be giddy about. Don't get distracted and just enjoy it.
- I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Lori Koonce

Postby Lori Koonce » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:46 pm

reddragon70 wrote:Go on and act like a fangirl anyway. you know you want to :)

I know I went a wee bit wide of the eye when Harlan said he thought me being a train driver was cool. I mean... I'm just me... nothing special. I feel so unworthy LOL

:D
You're right I did at the time. But, now I'm just greatful to have someone like him on my side. The cosmic timing on all that kindness and caring was way cool.

Lori Koonce

Postby Lori Koonce » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:48 pm

Barber wrote:Lori -
I don't think Frank was leveling anything at you, nor was he trying to deflate your high. He simply posted a comment about his own "ecstatic moment" with harlan. We all want our 15 minutes..

(And for what it's worth, I must be new since I'd never known Harlan used some of Frank's prose.)

I think Harlan's comment to you on the Pav is certainly something to be giddy about. Don't get distracted and just enjoy it.

You are probably right. But, whether a case os lousy timing or what I think.... I still have a right snd reason to be upset.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:03 pm

Lori, you have to trust me that I am not out to get you. Trust me, Harlan has kicked my shins many a time. We've had some hard moments. Keep up the good work. Harlan mad is no fun time.

Lori Koonce

Postby Lori Koonce » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:09 pm

FrankChurch wrote:Lori, you have to trust me that I am not out to get you. Trust me, Harlan has kicked my shins many a time. We've had some hard moments. Keep up the good work. Harlan mad is no fun time.

Thanks Frank. I've watched what you and others have had tossed their way when Harlan's been angry, and do my best to avoid the ssme behaviour. I think my attitude earlier was more outta low blood sugar than anything else.

Chuck Messer

Postby Chuck Messer » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:34 pm

Yes, I can get a bit snarly and snappy when my blood sugar drops. Some mornings when it's almost time to leave work, I have to hold my tongue quite a bit because of that.

Chuck
Some people are wedded to their ideology the way nuns are wed to God.

robochrist

Postby robochrist » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:52 pm

I have to hold my tongue quite a bit because of that.

Chuck, I'm still working on that skill myself!

robochrist

Postby robochrist » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:53 pm

p.s. - I guess I placed my quote fields in the wrong place

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:23 pm

robochrist wrote:p.s. - I guess I placed my quote fields in the wrong place

Fixed. I do seriously hope those sugar-control skills have improved, Rob.
- I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

robochrist

Postby robochrist » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:45 pm

Well, if it serves the evidence, my stomach has been seriously messed up today; too acidic when I eat light, I guess, and low blood sugar. My states of depression increase when this happens, and that makes me one grouchy asshole.

And so I say...LOOK how fuckin' nice I'm being!

Return to “General”