THE PAVILION ANNEX

General discussions of interest to readers and fans of Harlan Ellison.

Moderator: Moderator

FrankChurch

Re: THE PAVILION ANNEX

Postby FrankChurch » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:36 pm

Holds Lori. It will be ok.

Lori Koonce

Postby Lori Koonce » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:38 pm

Frank

if this is how you treat women you've just pissed off, then it's quite understandable why you are still single!

Just leave me the frack alone, I'll get over it sometime in the next few years!

:twisted:

diane bartels

Postby diane bartels » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:15 am

Go Lori. You are so right about Frank's bs. He and people like him are almost as much a part of this country's doom as the Rushs and Palins. Hope all else is going ok with you.

Frank, do you have any idea how demeaning you are to the women here when they disagree with you? I have noticed it over and over in responses to me, Lori, and Gwynn. You react in a way that you do not when responding to Barber, Ezra, etc. You wanna cut it the hell out?

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:05 pm

My feminist street creds are legendary. But I am highly un-pc.

I actually think you ladies are better at dealing with hard issues then some of these softie menfolk we have here.

Republicans today are just too dangerous to play nice. This is war.

Rick Keeney

Postby Rick Keeney » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:25 pm

That would be gutter cred, Church. You're about as useful here as Raven. Shut your mouth, and leave the ladies alone when they ask. You don't, that's harassment.

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:39 pm

Rick.

Your tone is over the line. Knock it off.

Frank.

Rick's point about leaving someone alone when they ask is correct. Knock it off.

Thank you both.
- I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

robochrist

Postby robochrist » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:59 pm

Oh, jeezus...now we're "legendary"!!

Duane

Postby Duane » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:52 pm

>> Quick: how many eggs can a chicken produce in a day? I need to know damnit! <<

Hey Steve, not sure if an answer is needed anymore, but when I was a kid we raised chickens for a short time. Best as I recall, each chicken produced around 1-2 eggs a day, and every once in a while, none. Hope this (belatedly) helps!

Ezra Lb.

Postby Ezra Lb. » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:48 pm

Yeah but which came first?
“We must not always talk in the marketplace,” Hester Prynne said, “of what happens to us in the forest.”
-Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Scarlet Letter

FinderDoug

Postby FinderDoug » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:26 am

Yeah but which came first?

Depends on several factors. But I'd say if the Flying Spaghetti Monster wanted a 12 piece and a biscuit, the chicken came first. And it was extra crispy. And it was good.

Steve Evil

Postby Steve Evil » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:39 am

Duane wrote:>> Quick: how many eggs can a chicken produce in a day? I need to know damnit! <<

Hey Steve, not sure if an answer is needed anymore, but when I was a kid we raised chickens for a short time. Best as I recall, each chicken produced around 1-2 eggs a day, and every once in a while, none. Hope this (belatedly) helps!

Thankyou Duane, that's exactly what I need to know. The "once in a while, none" especially has the potential for drama.

RocRizzo

Quick Question

Postby RocRizzo » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:50 pm

Does anyone know if the info regarding the Harlan Ellison Recording Collection, and the books? I sent an e-mail to the webmaster about a week ago, and have not yet received a reply. Are these books and audio still available? Can I join the two entities, and pay with one check? I'd like to find out, so if anyone knows, just let me know here, or PM me.
"Understanding is a three-edged sword."

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:26 pm

Roc, you hip to James Howard Kunstler? One of many people who are blacklisted from our mainstream culture because he has truth that scares the draculated elites. He adores upstate New York.

--------

Bourdain is on record saying that In-and-out-Burger is gourmand beyond belief.

RocRizzo

Postby RocRizzo » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:46 pm

FrankChurch wrote:Roc, you hip to James Howard Kunstler? One of many people who are blacklisted from our mainstream culture because he has truth that scares the draculated elites. He adores upstate New York.

The one who lives in Saratoga, and wrote for The Rolling Stone, and now writes about sprawl? That dude? What of him?
"Understanding is a three-edged sword."

Chuck Messer

Postby Chuck Messer » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:00 pm

I don't know if this'll help with the farm-based story, but there was a game I'd play with the chickens they kept in the back yard by the garage. My Aunt Virginia called them the "old ladies". I'd be there among the chickens while they did their ususal chicken thing, wandering around clucking and occasionally pecking at the ground. Then I'd turn and chase them all into the garage, the whole lot of them flapping and squawcking. Then, they seemed to realized there was more of them then there was of me, and it was as if they said, "Let's get 'im!!" and chase me out into the yard. Then they'd settle back into their routine until I'd chase them again, and "Let's get 'im!!" and they'd chase me back.

I like to think they felt somewhat empowered by chasing me.

Chuck
Some people are wedded to their ideology the way nuns are wed to God.

Return to “General”