THE PAVILION ANNEX

General discussions of interest to readers and fans of Harlan Ellison.

Moderator: Moderator

Rick Keeney

Re: THE PAVILION ANNEX

Postby Rick Keeney » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:23 pm

Roc,

HERC is up-to-date. Just follow the instructions on the site, i think it's pretty easy. And if you have issues just ask Susan a question in the Pavilion. She's certified angelic and quite helpful.

To his credit, our webmaster tends to let us figure out on our own the things he thinks we should be able to figure out on our own.

We're glad to help. Buy lots of stuff. Send some to me. Please.

Rick

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:43 pm

Roc, I take it you know who Jello Biafra is?

-----------

Dean Baker makes a good point: two percentage points of the payroll tax will be cut, which will take money from the Social Security trust fund. When the time comes that the tax goes back the GOP will grouse that it will be Obama raising taxes on average Americans and that payroll taxes are regressive, which they are. Obama may be forced to keep the payroll tax permanent, which could hurt social security funding. Gulp.

RocRizzo

Postby RocRizzo » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:15 pm

Frank, don't you mean Eric Boucher? I remember him when he was with the Dead Kennedys, and showed up at CBGBs all the time.
Didn't the NY Greens nominate him for Pres. in 2000?
Are you testing my radical chops or what?

Yeah, that SS cut is going to come back to haunt Obama. He wasn't my first choice. I would have rather had Kucinich. I thought that once elected, Obama might show some potential, but once he said that he wasn't going to go after Bushco, Inc. I started to lose faith in him.

Rick, thanks for the info...
A check will be in the mail tomorrow! Now I have to make some decisions. Already have forms filled out, and envelope addressed. What can I afford?
"Understanding is a three-edged sword."

paul

Postby paul » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:36 am

Hello Roc, just wanted to say hi, welcome, Merry Turkey Days, Happy Christmases and New Years and Birthdays and alla that.
Hi, the rest of you too.

Busy as a one-armed paper-hanger at work. I just caught up on the last twelve "pages" of this here Annex, now I go to dress a naked tree, listen to some Mother Love Bone.

I hope all respective familias are doing better than they were, and that all Webderlanders are being of good cheer. Or a reasonable facimile thereof.

(Tinsel or no tinsel? I think I'm a tinsel kinda guy....)
The medium is the message.

Lori Koonce

Postby Lori Koonce » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:04 pm

OK.

Seeing as how it was my last few posts to Frank that have caused our beloved Mod to actually have to do his job, I'll make ya all a deal.

Whenever I get the desire to chew Frank a new one, I'll sit on it for 24 hours. If after that I still feel like reaming him, I will do so. But, I will only do this if the rest of you agree to do the same.

We should be able to talk about stuff without reverting to the playground tactics that we've been dealing with lately. I'll do my best to elevate things. Hope it helps.

Lori

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:20 pm

Paul, welcome back buddy.

Lori, I will share my pail and shovel. I want to like you, but I do understand certain forces seem to be egging you on.

K&G are bad eggs.

----------

On his deathbed, Richard Holbrooke, who gloated about the drones, admitted that he wanted the war in Afghanistan to end. Guilt is part of the eternal confession, it seems. This even went on Drudge, so you know our awful media will follow it now.

God, treat Holbrooke well, he knew not what he did.

Duane

Postby Duane » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:26 pm

Lori, you're fine.

Frank is who he is, and he's never going to change.

Most people have a "certain relative" they run into at family reunions, right? Sometimes s/he can be an entertaining, engaging individual. Other times, well, it's best to walk into the other room and help Aunt Martha with the lemon punch.

Right?

Mmm, lemon. :wink:

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:32 pm

FrankChurch wrote: K&G are bad eggs.

Do you really want to go here?

Just askin'.

For short-term reference.

If you catch my not-subtle drift.
- I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

markabaddon

Postby markabaddon » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:56 pm

My assumption is K in Frank's post is my friend Mr. Keeney, but I am wondering if the G in his post was a reference to me. I have stayed far from you Frank and not attacked you in the slightest for some time. I would let sleeping dogs lie, if I were you
Governments, if they endure, always tend increasingly toward aristrocratic forms. No gov't in history has been known to evade this pattern. And as the aristocracy develops, gov't tends more and mroe to act exclusively in the interests of the ruling class

markabaddon

Postby markabaddon » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:57 pm

On a completely different subject, I was amazed to come into work this morning and see my Phillies signed the best free agent on the market, Cliff Lee. He turned down more money and a longer contract from the Yankees to pitch for the Phils. After decades of futility, it is wonderful to be a Philadelphia fan! 8)
Governments, if they endure, always tend increasingly toward aristrocratic forms. No gov't in history has been known to evade this pattern. And as the aristocracy develops, gov't tends more and mroe to act exclusively in the interests of the ruling class

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:07 pm

Barber, gotcha bud.

Duane, you love me and you know it.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:10 pm

Let me be productive. David Cay Johnston was stunning today talking about the tax deal:

http://www.democracynow.org/2010/12/14/ ... u_are_your

Lori Koonce

Postby Lori Koonce » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:27 pm

Duane wrote:Lori, you're fine.

Frank is who he is, and he's never going to change.

Most people have a "certain relative" they run into at family reunions, right? Sometimes s/he can be an entertaining, engaging individual. Other times, well, it's best to walk into the other room and help Aunt Martha with the lemon punch.

Right?

Mmm, lemon. :wink:

I kinda figured that waiting a day before reaming him a new one would have been the internet equivalent to walking away for a bit.... But then again, there are a few of my family members I'm best off not engaging at all. Perhaps Frank is one of 'em so to speak

Lori Koonce

Postby Lori Koonce » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:53 pm

markabaddon wrote:On a completely different subject, I was amazed to come into work this morning and see my Phillies signed the best free agent on the market, Cliff Lee. He turned down more money and a longer contract from the Yankees to pitch for the Phils. After decades of futility, it is wonderful to be a Philadelphia fan! 8)

Yeah, but the GIANTS are still Champs, and will be for awhile. I can see at least a repeat!

markabaddon

Postby markabaddon » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:05 pm

Lori, your Giants will be Champions until Next November, when the Phillies regain their crown and the Red Reign begins again! :twisted:

Return to “General”