THE PAVILION ANNEX

General discussions of interest to readers and fans of Harlan Ellison.

Moderator: Moderator

FrankChurch

Re: THE PAVILION ANNEX

Postby FrankChurch » Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:49 am

Your unactive mediocrity is what worries me.

Runz.

Lori Koonce

Postby Lori Koonce » Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:31 pm

As opposed to your ACTIVE mediocrity Frank?

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:14 pm

Lori, where's the love? Hidin that bunny flogger.

Ezra Lb.

Postby Ezra Lb. » Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:09 pm

Frank don't you get tired of having Lori's palm print on your forehead?
“We must not always talk in the marketplace,” Hester Prynne said, “of what happens to us in the forest.”
-Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Scarlet Letter

Lori Koonce

Postby Lori Koonce » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:15 pm

FrankChurch wrote:Lori, where's the love? Hidin that bunny flogger.

Has it ever occurred to you that if I didn't love you I wouldn't bother trying to help you grow?

Anyone can kiss your ass and tell you you're right. It takes a person who really cares to point out your flaws, and try to help you change 'em doll face.

Lori Koonce

Postby Lori Koonce » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:31 pm

Ezra Lb. wrote:Frank don't you get tired of having Lori's palm print on your forehead?

Dude

If you won't marry me, please leave the most constant pleasure I can get from life alone!

Ezra Lb.

Postby Ezra Lb. » Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:44 pm

Sorry Frank I tried but I've learned never to get between a woman and her pleasures.
“We must not always talk in the marketplace,” Hester Prynne said, “of what happens to us in the forest.”

Grayson

Postby Grayson » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:18 pm

Hey Ezra I hope that in my post the other day I didn't come off sounding like an asshole. Well, at least no too much. :wink:

Ezra Lb.

Postby Ezra Lb. » Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:21 pm

Not at all. You're right, we are all children of the times in which we live. What ideas do we cherish that will be considered ludicrous by a future (and hopefully wiser) age?

I have heard Bishop Ussher quoted with approval from the pulpit myself. It is bothersome to me that these folks are content to live so out of touch with reality.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:39 pm

Ezra, I take it you do not have tickets to see Jon Stewart? I meant the Daily Show.

robochrist

Postby robochrist » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:33 am

A potential real-life noir plot:

Will I ever understand people, much less women?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not poking into anyone's business...

But here's the story: I'm subletting a room to a girl - a friend of some 6 years - who is engaged to be married. Her fiance has lived in Canada for the last year, while she remained behind to get her U.S. citizenship (prior, they'd lived in New York together for many years). She is almost done with that process, and she is supposed to be heading over to get married in some months from now.

She has talked about her engagement a LOT over the last few weeks. Well...over the last month she's spent 5 or 6 nights with another guy in her room, and, well...the wall here is not very sound-proof...and, well... two nights ago I heard them "doing it"!

I'm not letting her know I heard it, I'm staying away from this; but I AM in a state of unspeakable disbelief, particularly by her indiscretion (if you're going to cheat on your fiance, at LEAST find a clandestine hideaway)!

Makes me wonder if she's subconsciously trying to jinx it. I can't IMAGINE what her boyfriend would do if he found it. I think he'd be devastated.

Weird. Weird. Weird. You think you know someone for 5 years or so, THEN you don't!

As an unwilling witness, I can't help asking myself, "should she REALLY follow through with the marriage while showing she's willing to have trysts?"

Ezra Lb.

Postby Ezra Lb. » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:31 am

FrankChurch wrote:Ezra, I take it you do not have tickets to see Jon Stewart? I meant the Daily Show.

I'm afraid none of the current crop of media entertainers fully represents my political philosophy.

My thinking is that it's time to abandon the process of electing representatives. Let's just hire actors to play our politicians.

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:45 am

Ezra Lb. wrote:My thinking is that it's time to abandon the process of electing representatives. Let's just hire actors to play our politicians.

You mean like Ronald Reagan, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sonny Bono, Fred Thompson, Fred Grandy, Al Franken, Clint Eastwood, Jesse Ventura, Jerry Springer, etc?
- I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:44 pm

Bite your tongue, Al Franken has been a wonderful Senator. He has yet to do any tv show. Proving that he takes the job very seriously.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:45 pm

Or Obama forced him to clam up.

Return to “General”