THE PAVILION ANNEX

General discussions of interest to readers and fans of Harlan Ellison.

Moderator: Moderator

Lori Koonce

Re: THE PAVILION ANNEX

Postby Lori Koonce » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:26 am

Finder Doug

The system dosen't let me embed too many quotes, so I hope I get your meaning, or else this is for nothing.

Do I consider Glen Beck a credible threat? Well not by himself. But, he dose appeal to those who can become one. The example you quoted is a grand example of that. Let's face it, there is a lunatic fringe on both sides, and there isn't much we can do about that. People like Beck are only a threat in the fact that they don't take that in to consideration. Do you think Mr. Williams would have done what he did if Beck hadn't planted an idea in his head? I don't, because the Tides Foundation has been around a lot longer than Beck, and nothing like that had happened before. Well if it did it never made the news.

We could consider the bombing suspect as a threat only if Frank meant any kind of violence. I took his statement to mean person on person violence, so you are right to discount it.

Otherwise, a spot on assessment of both Frank's evidence, and my feelings on the subject.

cynic

Postby cynic » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:24 am

Barber wrote:I will note, for those lurkers who might not get the joke, that *I* was not the moderator who voided Jan's post.

I DID think it was funny, however...
yes;
pay no attention to the man behind the curtain, no subterfuge here folks ... just move along...nothing to see ...

just don't come crying to me when the door to this cage slams sh

[moderately removed section]
[only for your protection, of course]
follow your bliss,mike

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:42 am

Lori, there was no need for that second rib stick. Dougie made his points, let it lay.

--------------

The Tides shooter got his ideas from Glenn Beck, the Unitartian shooter got his orders from a Bernie Goldberg book. There is nobody on the left who promotes violence. Our side gets tackled for dancing, while the other side gets away with murder.

cynic

Postby cynic » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:54 am

so when you merrily chant "eat the rich" you are espousing a balanced diet ?
follow your bliss,mike

Lori Koonce

Postby Lori Koonce » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:47 am

Frank

You have yet to show any proof that an actual member of the Tea Party has committed any type of violent act against anyone. I'm not going to re-post Finder Doug's wonderful debunking of \he examples you gave. , but it's there for you to look at.

I stick by my statements about Glenn Beck. He's a loony tune of the first order, but he's not the one going out and committing those acts. To me, that's kinda like blaming my parents for any crime that I commit as an adult.

And BTW, if you want an apology for "that second rib sticking" you're gonna have to let me know what it is. I can't decide if it's apology worthy when I don't know what it is I'm guilty of.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:29 pm

You're vivacious, Lori. You tickle me.

There's a vast right wing fringe who follow the tea party ideals, especially militias and white hate groups. I don't want any laws passed, I do want us to be vigilant.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:30 pm

Beck once talked about how he wanted to kill Michael Moore, now Moore has to have bodyguards all the time on his arse.

cynic

Postby cynic » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:41 pm

FrankChurch wrote: There's a vast right wing fringe who follow the tea party ideals, especially militias and white hate groups. I don't want any laws passed, I do want us to be vigilant.
describing a "fringe" as "vast" is a fine example of the rhetorical nonsense on which your warped view of reality depends.

endless irrational blather
follow your bliss,mike

cynic

Postby cynic » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:47 pm

FrankChurch wrote:Beck once talked about how he wanted to kill Michael Moore, now Moore has to have bodyguards all the time on his arse.

Michael Moore once joyfully pointed out that your employers want you dead; to collect on the insurance.

a chant you took great pride in repeating.

share with us frank, if you will; beck's expression of murderous desire.
follow your bliss,mike

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:13 pm

Several corporations could take out life insurance policies on people without their consent. Yes, what's your point. They may have stopped doing it but who's to know.

Germany went from high culture to the dregs of humanity. Fringes become fires. Historical current.

Will avoid Mike's low balls.

cynic

Postby cynic » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:23 pm

frank;
just trying to engage you here big guy.
rolling them over the plate to give you a chance at seeing the ball.

gotta be quick frank; or it's back to tee-ball.
follow your bliss,mike

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:23 pm

Now we know why Robert Ruben is so loved by Obama and how South America went radical:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/1999 ... NTCMP=SRCH

cynic

Postby cynic » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:26 pm

i should only do this at frank's place, it's probably useless and boring to you all.
:oops:
i won't do it here again i promise.
follow your bliss,mike

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:13 pm

Wow, I just found this. The late Joe Bageant is speaking to us from the grave. Pointing his finger at us for judging his people--poor whites from the south. This really broke me up. It was a profound spiritual revelation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYaqEgyrh1M

Especially people like Rob should think about this video before mocking these people, as I sometimes do.

We are our brother's keeper.

Ezra Lb.

Postby Ezra Lb. » Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:57 am

I understand the truth of what he's saying. To a point. My Dad, raised during the Depression, came back from Korea with a nice guaranteed lifetime job at the cotton mill waiting for him. But he said fuck that and escaped.

I was raised with higher expectations certainly and was able to go to a nice school and get a good education (which I paid for myself by working full time by the by).

The answer to the so-called "underclass" is not to wallow in terminal victimhood and blame others. Joe Sixpack is largely responsible for his own ignorance and the inevitable result. And sorry but if the guy didn't find any racism he never made it to my neck of the woods.
“We must not always talk in the marketplace,” Hester Prynne said, “of what happens to us in the forest.”
-Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Scarlet Letter

Return to “General”