THE PAVILION ANNEX

General discussions of interest to readers and fans of Harlan Ellison.

Moderator: Moderator

Susanne king

Re: THE PAVILION ANNEX

Postby Susanne king » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:10 am

Gypsy Queen is a great listen. First time for April Wine. Tim Raven my experience is on the wrong day I am no talent but catch me in the magic zone when song mixes with clay and dances into life? I'm o.k.

Duane

Postby Duane » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:15 pm

Jack London and Farley Mowat were my introduction to Canada. I haven't looked south since!

(Of course, until I learned better, everything north of the 49th parallel was perpetually frozen in eternal winter....)

Rick Keeney

Postby Rick Keeney » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:05 am

Last I checked, Farley Mowat was still with us. I loved that nature and the mystical were not separate in his observations.

What is the title of your book, Marjorie?

Susanne king

Postby Susanne king » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:42 pm

Rick, I know the answer to this one: "These are the things I remember" Beginning of a novel in a Book edited by Ellen Bass and Louise thornton. Under the name Maggie Hoyal. The whole works is called "Raw Light" and it is not published yet. You will hear when I hear. It will be under Marjorie Louise Patterson. Thanks for asking.

Rick Keeney

Postby Rick Keeney » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:10 pm

Marjorie,

You said in the Pavilion, "Harlan told me to go be a plumber because I sure as hell wasn't a writer. I was already in print and still am. Write more now then then." So I was curious where to find your work.

Tim Raven

Postby Tim Raven » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:48 am

Rick, peer not into keyholes unless you be vexed!

Marjorie, I would like to read your work, also. I will admit that I have a fetish for the edgy female. Makes my loin hard.

Tim Raven

Susanne king

Postby Susanne king » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:41 am

The Book "I Never Told Anyone" is published and at Barnes and Noble. I am in it.My nick name is Maggie. My second husband was Hoyal so it is "These are the things I remember" by Maggie Hoyal. Goggle Maggie Hoyal you get it all. Read it and you will go on a little hellish ride I was on until I walked out the door of a Hotel in Jacksonville Florida and never looked back. I was 14 at the time. I became a waitress and a writer, a mother of Kiersten Hoyal who is a merchant marine union not military. And later married Patterson who is now dying and I care for him. Yea, I love life but It is not an easy ride and the toll is high.

Mark Tiedemann

Postby Mark Tiedemann » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:50 am

After much angst, agony, and agitation, the Distal Muse is back up. http://marktiedemann.com/wordpress/?p=1733 Come on back for a visit.

Rick Keeney

Postby Rick Keeney » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:55 am

Glad you're in a good mood, Frank. I feel as if I can breathe easier, walk down the streets of my neighborhood without looking over my shoulder, drive leisurely into a frozen lake perhaps.

Rick Keeney

Charon

Postby Rick Keeney » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:08 pm

Saving up for the toll; that's what we're always talking about. Even when we're talking about something else.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:11 pm

Rob, you are not Robin, but the Penguin does need a new fish monger.

diane bartels

Postby diane bartels » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:35 pm

"She was a fish monger, and that was no wonder, cause so were her mother and father before her. She wheeled her wheel barrow through streets broad and narrow, crying 'Cockles and mussels, alive, alive, oh"

Rick Keeney

Postby Rick Keeney » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:55 pm

diane bartels wrote:"She was a fish monger, and that was no wonder, cause so were her mother and father before her. She wheeled her wheel barrow through streets broad and narrow, crying 'Cockles and mussels, alive, alive, oh"

you said "cockles"

Susanne king

Postby Susanne king » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:18 am

The toll is what I write or who I effect person. A kindness or some make the F____ING difference in a souls life. The toll of writing has been put off. My daughter was savings a life, a lot of her life, until 4 years ago. Now I write. Took a while to get my chops back. Now I can't stop. Would you create a novel or save someone from burning down. I will pull you out of the fire every time. Writing is way easier.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:39 pm

Susanne, why did you censor the word Fainting?

Return to “General”