AGAIN!!

General discussions of interest to readers and fans of Harlan Ellison.

Moderator: Moderator

Chuck Messer

AGAIN!!

Postby Chuck Messer » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:43 am

It's happened again. My bank card has been hacked into and this time 224 dollars have been stolen. I've called the bank and they usually act pretty quickly. I'm sure they will this time.

But it's happened six times, now. Six times. The last time was less than a month ago. I suspect this latest theft was by a different person, but I don't know. I've got a brand-new card that is now useless. I don't mind telling you I'm really pissed.

Damn leeches. I want them dead! I want them all dead! I want their houses burned to the ground!

This last scumbag, I'd like half an hour with them and a cattle prod. I don't have deep pockets. Not at all. Most of the shocks would be to their nethers. Damn.

I don't know what to do to defend myself. I try to take precautions. I stay away from questionable web sites. What the hell do I do? It's like trying to cross a piranha-infested river.

Happy Fucking New Year.

Chuck
Some people are wedded to their ideology the way nuns are wed to God.

diane bartels

Re: AGAIN!!

Postby diane bartels » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:42 am

Chuck, I have only been "hacked' once and that might just have been somebody at the bank pushing the wrong key. Chase gave me my hundred dollars back right away. I think I may be lucky cause I do no banking or bill paying on line at all. I figure if that stuff isn't on my pc, no one can steal it. Hope this works out quickly for you. DB

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:55 am

Chuck
I hate to say it, but you may want to check out people who might have access to your personal records. This seems like a targeted attack, not random theft.
- I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:37 am

Money experts say that debit cards are horrible. They tend to advise checks, credit cards, actual cash, money orders, travelers checks. Hackers have had a field day hacking into debits.
'
I also am very sorry it happened to you Chuck, being that you are such a good guy. Hope you clear this up.

Duane

Postby Duane » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:09 pm

That happened to me once, and that was more than enough. I'd consider talking with someone at their security department about any extra steps you could take to protect yourself.

Chuck Messer

Postby Chuck Messer » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:26 pm

Well, I've changed passwords, the new card has arrived and I'm waiting for the provisional credit to show up on my account. I hope it comes through soon. That leech did this while I was trying to pay rent, and make my car payment. It's a squeaker.

Chuck
Some people are wedded to their ideology the way nuns are wed to God.

Return to “General”