Peluquero Redux

Introduce yourself here. One post per person. Use replies to those to discuss someone.

Moderator: Moderator

Lori Koonce

Re: Peluquero Redux

Postby Lori Koonce » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:07 pm

Barber wrote:
Lori Koonce wrote:I know you are trying to keep reasonable expectations Barber, but come on somewhere in your heart of hearts you feel like I do I'm sure. I think they would be foolish not to take you on!

Your sentiment got to the right people, Lori. They are going to rep some of my "nostalgia"-themed work and expect it to do pretty well. By nostalgia they mean the shots of Union Station, Griffith Park Observatory, and other "old LA" works. Three confirmed shots and I will be setting up a web page for them to review a number of others. At first we go with private placement of signed/numbered editions, then expand as warranted.

Woohoo!

Allrighty then something I've wanted to do for either you or Cris for awhile now can be done. I'll see if I can find any good photography galleries around here and send you names and address. No reason you should have to be famous only in SoCal.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:55 am

Griffith Park is a Godsend. A wonderous place.

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:35 pm

FrankChurch wrote:Griffith Park is a Godsend. A wonderous place.

It really is. So much more the agony of watching it burn a few years ago.
- I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:12 pm

Has it healed?

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:44 pm

FrankChurch wrote:Has it healed?

For the most part. There are still scars and some areas where the hillsides are bare, but for the most part.
- I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:55 pm

Pictures?

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:45 am

Just a quick note as follow up to my post in the Pavilion.

Cris has been booked to open for singer Steve Tyrell this Sept 1. Tyrell is, along with Kurt Elling and Michael Buble, one of the three most successful (and talented) male singers in jazz today. This could be a terrific concert for her, and possibly open a few doors. Even cooler, the Coach House proactively called the booking agent to get her on the docket.

Got a bunch of tickets to sell now. The Coach House gigs are "loss leaders" for her. They cost more to play than she gets paid -- some of which is as commission on ticket sales -- but so far the people she's opened for have been important enough for the resume that we're willing to shell a bit out of pocket. She gets a bump in iTunes and CDBaby sales, as well as fodder for iTunes videos.

(See, Frank, THIS is what the value of publicity is. When WE make the decision to do this sort of thing. Not to have these decisions thrust upon us by file-sharing nebbishes who want their music for free.)

Two days later she was contacted by the Rancho Los Cerritos (one of the historic California Ranchos dating from the 19th century) to play a public gig there in June as part of their summer series.

A lean year so far, but things are looking up.

diane bartels

Postby diane bartels » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:48 pm

Sorry for the thread drifts, Cptn oh our Cptn.

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:24 pm

No problem, Diane. No harm, no foul.

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:24 pm

Some thoughts on Ray Bradbury's impact on my life.

http://thumbnailtraveler.blogspot.com/

Gwyneth M905

Postby Gwyneth M905 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:08 pm

Barber wrote:Some thoughts on Ray Bradbury's impact on my life.

http://thumbnailtraveler.blogspot.com/

That's lovely, Steven. My childhood was in a small Iowa city much like a "Bradbury" town. I used to chase autumn leaf whirlwinds in the playground and think of filming "Something Wicked This Way Comes".
I want to learn the ways of the Force and become a Jedi Knight, the same as my Father.
STAR WARS (1977)

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:41 pm

Autumn Leaf Whirlwinds? Ah, I want you so bad Gwyn. Giggle.

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:49 pm

Ugh.

Cris and I are waiting for the vet. Our cat, Frankie, is 16 and in advanced renal failure. He's half the weight he was a year ago, and not eating. So, it's time.

It's the right thing to do, but knowing that doesn't help.

I feel like I'm waiting for the executioner.

diane bartels

Postby diane bartels » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:26 pm

I am very sorry Steve and Cris. It is never easy and it hurts every time. I believe with all my heart that our animals what for us maybe at the Rainbow Bridge maybe in some other part of Heaven. And Frankie had a wonderful life with you two. DB

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:43 am

Thank you, Diane.

Frankie went very peacefully. They started with an anesthetic that put him into a twilight sleep. During the time it took for him to completely relax the vet asked about his life, his family, etc. he also shared that while Frankie might not be showing it, this sort of disease causes blisters inside the pet's esophagus and stomach, likely causing him pain -- which made the decision the correct one. Frankie had demonstrated difficulty swallowing and a constant need for water.

I'll never again take an animal to a vet's office for this sort of thing, if I can avoid it. Dying at home was relatively stressless, though obviously not good for any of us. Even Tango was solemn and quiet, as if he knew what was going on was very serious.

Last night Tango kept getting up and going out into the yard, then patrolling the house. Much more than usual. We wondered if he was looking for Frankie....

Return to “Webderlanders”