AKA Demonocrites

Introduce yourself here. One post per person. Use replies to those to discuss someone.

Moderator: Moderator

Douglas Harrison

Re: AKA Demonocrites

Postby Douglas Harrison » Mon May 28, 2012 11:12 pm

tq mike

Douglas Harrison

Postby Douglas Harrison » Tue May 29, 2012 2:38 am

Douglas Harrison wrote: I no longer want to be someone on the Net who I do not like.

This is a good example of the aforementioned rustiness. I'm sure the gist of what I meant is clear, but I should have written that I'm bothered by how I've behaved online when I've felt the need to impress others with just how damned clever and hip--and contemptuous of the unworthy--I am.

Ah, to be special.

D.

Ezra Lb.

Postby Ezra Lb. » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:43 pm

Douglas, don't worry. When we read your posts we just go "Remember he's from Canada" and we let it slide. :wink:

puh dumpump

No seriously I do appreciate your post. As a matter of fact in the last week or so I've deleted a couple of posts because I read them and realized how they would probably sound. If those counters are accurate on the board index page then either we're all constantly looking at our own posts or a certain group of folks are reading these threads without posting. Now that's humility. Anytime you put something out you run the risk of being misunderstood or sounding like you are acting superior. So we are special. Simply because we're willing to run the risk of showing our ass and sounding like a goober. All of us have interests and passions and itches to scratch and bugs up our butts. What's amazing is how often we actually make ourselves understood.

Did I have a point here? Just that I enjoy being part of the conversation and I'm glad you're part of the conversation.
“We must not always talk in the marketplace,” Hester Prynne said, “of what happens to us in the forest.”
-Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Scarlet Letter

Lori Koonce

Postby Lori Koonce » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:09 pm

Ezra

I'll be one of the first to admit that I've been doing a lot of reading without responding.

Mostly because the most active threads have gone in a direction that I cannot intellegently speak on.

But, there is also this nagging voice in the back of my head that's been screaming "NObody gives a shit what you have to say." And thanks to a HUGE depressive downswing, I've decided to listen to it.

diane bartels

Postby diane bartels » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:05 am

Lori, I care enormously what you have to say about many many subjects. And I have been flat out bored stupid by the big threads the last few days. Think it might be time to change the subjects or start our own threads/ :wink:

cynic

Postby cynic » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:01 pm

Hi doug, and all;

I can accept that i am boring and tiresome ; have i been "Bad" ?
follow your bliss,mike

diane bartels

Postby diane bartels » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:12 pm

Mike, no you haven't. The fault may well be mine in that I am just not interested in what you guys are talking about. Sometimes I am very and sometimes what everyone is talking about just doesnt agree with me. Then I flick thru quickly and wait for more. I am worried about Harlan and Susan. Those are some pretty big losses to accept in a short time. :cry:

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:23 pm

Um.

Kids?

Thread drift... :wink:
- I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

cynic

Postby cynic » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:06 am

:oops:
follow your bliss,mike

Gwyneth M905

Postby Gwyneth M905 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:51 pm

So, how's the trucking business? I know what you mean about feeling rusty from not having written in a while. Off on a cross-country gig? :)
I want to learn the ways of the Force and become a Jedi Knight, the same as my Father.
STAR WARS (1977)

cynic

Postby cynic » Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:44 pm

hi doug.
follow your bliss,mike

Douglas Harrison

Postby Douglas Harrison » Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:20 pm

Yeesh, you'd think I'd check in on my own thread every week or so. Sorry yet again, Ezra, Lori, Lynn, Diane, mike, Mr. Moderator, et al.

Gwyneth M905 wrote:So, how's the trucking business? I know what you mean about feeling rusty from not having written in a while. Off on a cross-country gig? :)

The trucking business out of Kamloops has been quite active; I live in the truck much of the time. When I'm home, I watch a surfeit of movies and cable shows on the tube (can we still call it that?), though some recuperation from stressful toil is involved; I get to the gym now and then; and I visit a few folks. Still, I spend my weekends as more of an observer than a participant, and I find I regret that.

But things change.

D.

Douglas Harrison

Postby Douglas Harrison » Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:20 pm

cynic wrote:hi doug.

howdy!

cynic

Postby cynic » Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:22 pm

:) editing :?:
follow your bliss,mike