Pavilion Digest: August 2009

A plethora of perplexing pavilion posts. The Pavilion Annex thread, the Pavilion Discussion thread, and monthly digests of all messages from the Pavilion.

Moderator: Moderator

Mary

Postby Mary » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:35 am

Name: Mary
Source: unca20091009.htm
To Susan...here is wishes for a very speedy recovery. I also would like to send you to a nice, quiet place where there is a beach, several books, and plenty of time to do what you want. The flu can't beat that!

Mark Goldberg: Due to housecleaning and other neccessities in life that I couldn't ignore, I just now saw your message when I was reviewing the board. I would have loved to have spoken to you in person, but I shall again send an email to the address you listed. If that still doesn't work, I shall come up with other solutions. My moxie is in full drive today.

Hmm...Mary Moxie. Or Moxie Mary. Kind of like that. Whoops, I'm now getting very silly. Moving on...

Back to writing and other things. May this week be the one where I become gainfully employed!

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:54 am

Name: Frank Church
Source: unca20091007.htm
Harlan is the livest dead man I have ever seen. As long as the angry corpse takes care of dear Susan we will be fine.

Heal quick Susan. We do care.

---------------

Dick Durbin is now up to ignoring the public option.

Third party anyone?

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:54 am

Name: Frank Church
Harlan is the livest dead man I have ever seen. As long as the angry corpse takes care of dear Susan we will be fine.

Heal quick Susan. We do care.

---------------

Dick Durbin is now up to ignoring the public option.

Third party anyone?

steveperry

Life Goes On

Postby steveperry » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:15 pm

Name: Steve Perry
Go away for a few days, you miss stuff.

Sorry for those who are experiencing grief and loss, and illness.

Perry

steveperry

Life Goes On

Postby steveperry » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:15 pm

Name: Steve Perry
Go away for a few days, you miss stuff.

Sorry for those who are experiencing grief and loss, and illness.

Perry

KristinRuhle

OMG! Swine flu...

Postby KristinRuhle » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:39 pm

Name: Kristin Ruhl
...get better soon, Susan! (Hey, if you get over this now, in the winter you'll be immune and not get it when everyone ELSE does.) As I understand it people Susan's age are more susceptible than people HE's age. They're working on a vaccine but the best vaccine is having already had something.

Kristin
40-something and afraid of getting sick

KristinRuhle

OMG! Swine flu...

Postby KristinRuhle » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:39 pm

Name: Kristin Ruhl
...get better soon, Susan! (Hey, if you get over this now, in the winter you'll be immune and not get it when everyone ELSE does.) As I understand it people Susan's age are more susceptible than people HE's age. They're working on a vaccine but the best vaccine is having already had something.

Kristin
40-something and afraid of getting sick

BrianSiano

Quick stuff

Postby BrianSiano » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:02 pm

Name: Brian Siano
Susan: get well soon.

Harlan: don't catch what she has.

If you do, get well soon too.

BrianSiano

Quick stuff

Postby BrianSiano » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:02 pm

Name: Brian Siano
Susan: get well soon.

Harlan: don't catch what she has.

If you do, get well soon too.

Peter David

I'm Betting This Is Unintentional Irony

Postby Peter David » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:30 pm

Name: Peter David
Somewhat against my better judgment, I gave in to my teen daughter's request to watch the "Teen Choice" awards on Fox. I can feel myself losing IQ points with every passing minute, but we make sacrifices for our kids.

Plus there are moments of amusement.

One of the categories celebrated the most noteworthy message delivered via the medium known as twittering. This was the quality of the types of messages being celebrated: "I should have taken off my sunglasses; this tan doesn't work for me," accompanied by a picture of a girl with the lower and upper parts of her face mostly fried and the areas around her eyes untouched, like a reverse raccoon.

What set me howling was the name of the category:

"Choice Twit."

It was like a category named by John Cleese.

In case you're wondering: Ellen DeGeneres was not only the Choice Twit, but she was there to accept it and was clearly thrilled. She twitted (twittered?) as she went up on stage to accept it.

PAD

Peter David

I'm Betting This Is Unintentional Irony

Postby Peter David » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:30 pm

Name: Peter David
Somewhat against my better judgment, I gave in to my teen daughter's request to watch the "Teen Choice" awards on Fox. I can feel myself losing IQ points with every passing minute, but we make sacrifices for our kids.

Plus there are moments of amusement.

One of the categories celebrated the most noteworthy message delivered via the medium known as twittering. This was the quality of the types of messages being celebrated: "I should have taken off my sunglasses; this tan doesn't work for me," accompanied by a picture of a girl with the lower and upper parts of her face mostly fried and the areas around her eyes untouched, like a reverse raccoon.

What set me howling was the name of the category:

"Choice Twit."

It was like a category named by John Cleese.

In case you're wondering: Ellen DeGeneres was not only the Choice Twit, but she was there to accept it and was clearly thrilled. She twitted (twittered?) as she went up on stage to accept it.

PAD

Brian Phillips

Not the Blue Monkeys Employed by Harlan Ellison

Postby Brian Phillips » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:11 pm

Name: Brian Phillips
http://cagle.com/working/090808/sherffius21.jpg

Brian Phillips

Not the Blue Monkeys Employed by Harlan Ellison

Postby Brian Phillips » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:11 pm

Name: Brian Phillips
http://cagle.com/working/090808/sherffius21.jpg

shagin

Postby shagin » Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:17 pm

Name: shagin
I hung up minutes ago after a call from my brother informing me that my eighteen year old niece was discovered, today, to have stolen her mother's bank card, and cleaned $180.00 out of her mother's savings account (BTW, her mother is unemployed and desperately seeking work) because she wanted to go to lunch with a friend and buy a poster.

I will admit to having done things like that when I was her age, not to that degree but I did it. I'd say I was better at it, but what a rude awakening when I was finally, truly, legally caught. I was lucky. I made it out the other side a better person. Neither she nor her father believe me when I say that I know where she's going and it isn't pretty. Broken trust heals slowly, if at all.

Hindsight wishes people wouldl listen once in a while.

shagin

shagin

Postby shagin » Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:17 pm

Name: shagin
I hung up minutes ago after a call from my brother informing me that my eighteen year old niece was discovered, today, to have stolen her mother's bank card, and cleaned $180.00 out of her mother's savings account (BTW, her mother is unemployed and desperately seeking work) because she wanted to go to lunch with a friend and buy a poster.

I will admit to having done things like that when I was her age, not to that degree but I did it. I'd say I was better at it, but what a rude awakening when I was finally, truly, legally caught. I was lucky. I made it out the other side a better person. Neither she nor her father believe me when I say that I know where she's going and it isn't pretty. Broken trust heals slowly, if at all.

Hindsight wishes people wouldl listen once in a while.

shagin

Return to “The Art Deco Dining Pavilion”