Pavilion Digest: August 2009

A plethora of perplexing pavilion posts. The Pavilion Annex thread, the Pavilion Discussion thread, and monthly digests of all messages from the Pavilion.

Moderator: Moderator

steveperry

about that title...

Postby steveperry » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:59 am

Name: Stephen
Source: unca20091007.htm
ok, so I am the dissenting opinion. that title just doesn't move
me much. 'Ichthian cranial cabaret' is what lept to mind when I
first read it. But what do I know. I am looking forward to it,
and wondering when subterranean press will update their site
with an announcement under latest news or coming soon. I'll be
2nd in line to buy it, right behind Mr. Dannelke.

I have pneumonia, 2 1/2 weeks now. Got better antibiotics last
Friday. Plus mucinex. and the chest xray only took 20 minutes,
from the time I walked in the door to the time I walked out. 80%
of the time, I feel fine. It's the other 20% that's killing me.
Please do let us know when Susan is feeling better.

Best wishes and good thoughts to everyone else.

steveperry

about that title...

Postby steveperry » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:59 am

Name: Stephen
Source: unca20091009.htm
ok, so I am the dissenting opinion. that title just doesn't move
me much. 'Ichthian cranial cabaret' is what lept to mind when I
first read it. But what do I know. I am looking forward to it,
and wondering when subterranean press will update their site
with an announcement under latest news or coming soon. I'll be
2nd in line to buy it, right behind Mr. Dannelke.

I have pneumonia, 2 1/2 weeks now. Got better antibiotics last
Friday. Plus mucinex. and the chest xray only took 20 minutes,
from the time I walked in the door to the time I walked out. 80%
of the time, I feel fine. It's the other 20% that's killing me.
Please do let us know when Susan is feeling better.

Best wishes and good thoughts to everyone else.

Barney Dannelke

Postby Barney Dannelke » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:30 am

Name: Barney Dannelke
*** Phil *** Thank you very VERY much for putting that Culp interview in front of me. At three hours it's even more informative than the Cinefax interview (Filmfax? whatever, it's in my files) from a few years back. Again, thank you so much.

- Barney

Barney Dannelke

Postby Barney Dannelke » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:30 am

Name: Barney Dannelke
*** Phil *** Thank you very VERY much for putting that Culp interview in front of me. At three hours it's even more informative than the Cinefax interview (Filmfax? whatever, it's in my files) from a few years back. Again, thank you so much.

- Barney

Gwyneth

Health & Health Care

Postby Gwyneth » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:12 am

Name: Gwyneth
A-TC: Good to hear about your dad's health improving. I hope that things just continue on that track chugging along better day by day.

Mark: I'm so sorry to read about your mom's diagnosis. If it's ok with you, I'd like to keep her in my prayers.

Susan: As T. Roosevelt might say, "Bully! Bully! for you for speaking softly and taking a big stick to that goon in the white coat by demanding some medical intervention." As me mum would say, "Keep your pecker up!" ;)

And, last but not least, UNCA' HARLAN!!!
You sly thing you! Springing a NEW BOOK on us!! :D Yeah!!!
Bully! Bully! Hear! Hear! :D

Not related to anyone in particular, but just jumping on my usual health insurance reform soapbox:

I highly recommend that everyone download and READ the bill as it's written, instead of listening to republican hate-mongers who only destroy the truth. You can read it here. Trust me, it's worth reading and anyone believing the Republican lies will have back-up to any debate. http://edlabor.house.gov/documents/111/ ... 071409.pdf

Love, peace, and chicken grease,
Gwyneth

Gwyneth

Health & Health Care

Postby Gwyneth » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:12 am

Name: Gwyneth
A-TC: Good to hear about your dad's health improving. I hope that things just continue on that track chugging along better day by day.

Mark: I'm so sorry to read about your mom's diagnosis. If it's ok with you, I'd like to keep her in my prayers.

Susan: As T. Roosevelt might say, "Bully! Bully! for you for speaking softly and taking a big stick to that goon in the white coat by demanding some medical intervention." As me mum would say, "Keep your pecker up!" ;)

And, last but not least, UNCA' HARLAN!!!
You sly thing you! Springing a NEW BOOK on us!! :D Yeah!!!
Bully! Bully! Hear! Hear! :D

Not related to anyone in particular, but just jumping on my usual health insurance reform soapbox:

I highly recommend that everyone download and READ the bill as it's written, instead of listening to republican hate-mongers who only destroy the truth. You can read it here. Trust me, it's worth reading and anyone believing the Republican lies will have back-up to any debate. http://edlabor.house.gov/documents/111/ ... 071409.pdf

Love, peace, and chicken grease,
Gwyneth

Greg Hurd

Postby Greg Hurd » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:42 am

Name: Greg Hurd
Not that it matters at this point but I'm almost with Stephen on the title. Seems a bit close to the old "Larks Tongue in Aspic" by King Crimson-which after 35 yrs of my first listen is still a favorite. Hell, I would take it even if it was titled "BOOK" with a huge barcode on the front.

Thanks for the updates + take care of Susan!!

Greg Hurd

Postby Greg Hurd » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:42 am

Name: Greg Hurd
Not that it matters at this point but I'm almost with Stephen on the title. Seems a bit close to the old "Larks Tongue in Aspic" by King Crimson-which after 35 yrs of my first listen is still a favorite. Hell, I would take it even if it was titled "BOOK" with a huge barcode on the front.

Thanks for the updates + take care of Susan!!

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:49 am

Name: Frank Church
Harlan, it's worse. Malkin was a guest on the roundtable of This Week With Opie Taylor, I mean, George Stephanopolis.

She is number one, replacing the awful Mark Levin, also number one. Makes the vampire books not seem so bad.

----------

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:49 am

Name: Frank Church
Harlan, it's worse. Malkin was a guest on the roundtable of This Week With Opie Taylor, I mean, George Stephanopolis.

She is number one, replacing the awful Mark Levin, also number one. Makes the vampire books not seem so bad.

----------

Dennis C

Meds part 2

Postby Dennis C » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:26 pm

Name: Dennis C
Sorry to post again, but remembered that my Doc put me on Delsym Cough Medicine this time rather than Mucinex and it seemed to work
So you might try it...

Dennis C

Meds part 2

Postby Dennis C » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:26 pm

Name: Dennis C
Sorry to post again, but remembered that my Doc put me on Delsym Cough Medicine this time rather than Mucinex and it seemed to work
So you might try it...

Susan Ellison

Postby Susan Ellison » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:16 pm

Name: SUSAN ELLISON
Dear One And All:

Thank you for your kind wishes. I'm starting the road to recovery. Thankfully, it doesn't seem to be in the lungs, just the throat. The doctor's office was chock full of people--all doing the frog koff. I'm sure the cough part will go on for several more days...but feeling better. Thank you all for your concern. If things don't calm down in a week, will go back to the doctor.

With much kindness--Susan

Susan Ellison

Postby Susan Ellison » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:16 pm

Name: SUSAN ELLISON
Dear One And All:

Thank you for your kind wishes. I'm starting the road to recovery. Thankfully, it doesn't seem to be in the lungs, just the throat. The doctor's office was chock full of people--all doing the frog koff. I'm sure the cough part will go on for several more days...but feeling better. Thank you all for your concern. If things don't calm down in a week, will go back to the doctor.

With much kindness--Susan

Old Ezekiel

Humanity continues to Decline.

Postby Old Ezekiel » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:42 pm

Name: Old Ezekiel
As global warming continues to worsen military geo-engineers will have to envelop the earth in a stratospheric cloud to keep out solar radiation for thousands of years, future humans will be desolate beings with mutated eyes and skin, beings who believe blue skies and starry nights are myths.

http://www.realclimate.org/index.php/ar ... gineering/

Return to “The Art Deco Dining Pavilion”