Pavilion Digest: August 2009

A plethora of perplexing pavilion posts. The Pavilion Annex thread, the Pavilion Discussion thread, and monthly digests of all messages from the Pavilion.

Moderator: Moderator

Old Ezekiel

Humanity continues to Decline.

Postby Old Ezekiel » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:42 pm

Name: Old Ezekiel
Source: unca20091009.htm
As global warming continues to worsen military geo-engineers will have to envelop the earth in a stratospheric cloud to keep out solar radiation for thousands of years, future humans will be desolate beings with mutated eyes and skin, beings who believe blue skies and starry nights are myths.

http://www.realclimate.org/index.php/ar ... gineering/

Josh (not Olson)

Batman (89) commentary by Harlan?

Postby Josh (not Olson) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:59 pm

Name: Josh (not Olson)
Source: unca20091007.htm
I've heard that Our Dear Host had done an audio commentary for a DVD of the 1989 BATMAN film.

Webderlanders: Is this true?

And, if it is so, which edition might it be on?

Thanks in advance to any who answer.

P.S. Get well Susan

P.P.S. Thanks again for the Worldcon stuff Dennis

Josh (not Olson)

Batman (89) commentary by Harlan?

Postby Josh (not Olson) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:59 pm

Name: Josh (not Olson)
I've heard that Our Dear Host had done an audio commentary for a DVD of the 1989 BATMAN film.

Webderlanders: Is this true?

And, if it is so, which edition might it be on?

Thanks in advance to any who answer.

P.S. Get well Susan

P.P.S. Thanks again for the Worldcon stuff Dennis

Kate

Mark Goldberg & Susan Ellison

Postby Kate » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:06 pm

Name: Kate
Mark, I'm so sorry to hear about your mother. We are all connected when it comes to love of family and the hurt and fear we go through during times such as these. Been there. Understand. Sending understanding and warmth your way.

Susan Ellison: hope you feel better soon. You are one heck of a lady.

Kate

Mark Goldberg & Susan Ellison

Postby Kate » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:06 pm

Name: Kate
Mark, I'm so sorry to hear about your mother. We are all connected when it comes to love of family and the hurt and fear we go through during times such as these. Been there. Understand. Sending understanding and warmth your way.

Susan Ellison: hope you feel better soon. You are one heck of a lady.

Chuck Messer

Postby Chuck Messer » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:23 pm

Name: Chuck Messer
Mark Goldberg: Damn. Damn. I've got nothing that will dull the pain. I wish things were different for your mom. Words fail. Utterly fail.

Susan: Good to see you're getting better. Here's hoping you have many years where illness is only a memory.

Chuck

Chuck Messer

Postby Chuck Messer » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:23 pm

Name: Chuck Messer
Mark Goldberg: Damn. Damn. I've got nothing that will dull the pain. I wish things were different for your mom. Words fail. Utterly fail.

Susan: Good to see you're getting better. Here's hoping you have many years where illness is only a memory.

Chuck

Mike Pascale

Best to Susan/Gene Colan

Postby Mike Pascale » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:33 pm

Name: Mike Pascale
Greetings to all--Pavilion virgin here (please be gentle).

My best thoughts to the lovely and wonderful Susan, Mark G and everyone else dealing with illness--either their own or a loved one's. The older I get, the more of my heroes, friends' parents and friends themselves come down with godawful stuff that makes me feel helpless and wishing I was an Empath. Never underestimate the power of prayer, positive thinking, quality drugs and great art to combat such things.

Our mutual pal and artistic great, Gene Colan, one of the architects of the Marvel universe (see Google/Ask.com/Bing/Yahoo), is in the hospital and I'm also seeking some prayers and pos vibes for him if anyone has any left. Hopefully he can go home soon.

More to come later...I still owe Unca Harlan a public thank you for my nascent writing career!

Thanks,
Mike

Mike Pascale

Best to Susan/Gene Colan

Postby Mike Pascale » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:33 pm

Name: Mike Pascale
Greetings to all--Pavilion virgin here (please be gentle).

My best thoughts to the lovely and wonderful Susan, Mark G and everyone else dealing with illness--either their own or a loved one's. The older I get, the more of my heroes, friends' parents and friends themselves come down with godawful stuff that makes me feel helpless and wishing I was an Empath. Never underestimate the power of prayer, positive thinking, quality drugs and great art to combat such things.

Our mutual pal and artistic great, Gene Colan, one of the architects of the Marvel universe (see Google/Ask.com/Bing/Yahoo), is in the hospital and I'm also seeking some prayers and pos vibes for him if anyone has any left. Hopefully he can go home soon.

More to come later...I still owe Unca Harlan a public thank you for my nascent writing career!

Thanks,
Mike

DTS

FinderDoug's Fish pool

Postby DTS » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:10 pm

Name: DTS
Yo FINDER: Due to a bone-headed click, I'm too young to post in the "other place", but put me down for a sawbuck -- to win -- betting that it's a novella or...a nonfiction collection (remember _Sleepless Nights in the Procrustean Bed_?).
-DTS

DTS

FinderDoug's Fish pool

Postby DTS » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:10 pm

Name: DTS
Yo FINDER: Due to a bone-headed click, I'm too young to post in the "other place", but put me down for a sawbuck -- to win -- betting that it's a novella or...a nonfiction collection (remember _Sleepless Nights in the Procrustean Bed_?).
-DTS

Douglas Harrison

MARK:

Postby Douglas Harrison » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:44 pm

Name: Douglas Harrison
Such awful news. I don't know what to say, other than my heart goes out to you and your family. Please know you have many friends here.

-------------------------------------

HARLAN & SUSAN:

I received your generous reimbursement for the magazine today. Many thanks.

Susan, I'm glad you're on the mend.

My best vibes to Gene Colan.

D.

Douglas Harrison

MARK:

Postby Douglas Harrison » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:44 pm

Name: Douglas Harrison
Such awful news. I don't know what to say, other than my heart goes out to you and your family. Please know you have many friends here.

HARLAN & SUSAN:

I received your generous reimbursement for the magazine today. Many thanks.

Susan, I'm glad you're on the mend.

My best vibes to Gene Colan.

D.

Michelle

Mark Goldberg -- Been There.

Postby Michelle » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:05 pm

Name: Michelle
This is just one stranger reaching out to another stranger on the interwebz, but I went through that exact diagnosis with my mom. Got her the best care I could, said some stuff that needed saying. Learned to believe the experts when they reminded me to remember my own needs and to be sure to get emotional support when it got too hard to cope.

What I do know, as I watch the craziness on T.V, is that all these "experts" who think end of life counseling is about wanting to kill people don't know jack. The hospice people and the privately hired people were all about making sure my mother's dignity was preserved and her needs immediately attended to, and it made it so much easier that they were there to tell me what to expect, and sometimes ask my mother the questions I didn't always have the heart to ask.

Michelle

Mark Goldberg -- Been There.

Postby Michelle » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:05 pm

Name: Michelle
This is just one stranger reaching out to another stranger on the interwebz, but I went through that exact diagnosis with my mom. Got her the best care I could, said some stuff that needed saying. Learned to believe the experts when they reminded me to remember my own needs and to be sure to get emotional support when it got too hard to cope.

What I do know, as I watch the craziness on T.V, is that all these "experts" who think end of life counseling is about wanting to kill people don't know jack. The hospice people and the privately hired people were all about making sure my mother's dignity was preserved and her needs immediately attended to, and it made it so much easier that they were there to tell me what to expect, and sometimes ask my mother the questions I didn't always have the heart to ask.

Return to “The Art Deco Dining Pavilion”