Pavilion Digest: August 2009

A plethora of perplexing pavilion posts. The Pavilion Annex thread, the Pavilion Discussion thread, and monthly digests of all messages from the Pavilion.

Moderator: Moderator

Gary Lee

Postby Gary Lee » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:12 am

Name: Gary Lee
Source: unca20091009.htm
MARK GOLDBERG

Very sorry about your mother, my mother just turned 90 and she is still doing very well, but I also know that the time will come when we I will have to deal with her leaving. Ive tried to plan for that day but I know that nothing can really prepare a person for a lost like that.
The best that I can say is that we all must someday take that journey so think of all the wonderful times you had with her and your heart will lead the way.

Gary

Andrew Fuller

Mark

Postby Andrew Fuller » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:16 am

Name: Andrew Fuller
Source: unca20091007.htm
Sending supportive thoughts and wishes to your family.

A

Andrew Fuller

Mark

Postby Andrew Fuller » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:16 am

Name: Andrew Fuller
Sending supportive thoughts and wishes to your family.

A

Mary

Postby Mary » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:36 am

Name: Mary
Susan: I'm so glad to hear you're on the mend...continue to feel better! Much love from down south here in the OC!

Mark Goldberg: Continued good vibes will be sent to you...can't even imagine what you're going through.

Mike Pascale: Welcome! I promise to be gentle, but I can't speak for Frank Church (all love, Frank, honest!)

I will now return to the very frustrating world of the job hunt...it's been a neverending sea of cover letters and clicking on the "apply" button...I feel like this kid constantly raising their hand, but the teacher is choosing the other kids in the class. I feel lost in the proverbial sea of cyberspace. I just want a job, folks...is that too much to ask?

Mary

Postby Mary » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:36 am

Name: Mary
Susan: I'm so glad to hear you're on the mend...continue to feel better! Much love from down south here in the OC!

Mark Goldberg: Continued good vibes will be sent to you...can't even imagine what you're going through.

Mike Pascale: Welcome! I promise to be gentle, but I can't speak for Frank Church (all love, Frank, honest!)

I will now return to the very frustrating world of the job hunt...it's been a neverending sea of cover letters and clicking on the "apply" button...I feel like this kid constantly raising their hand, but the teacher is choosing the other kids in the class. I feel lost in the proverbial sea of cyberspace. I just want a job, folks...is that too much to ask?

Robert Morales

Les Paul

Postby Robert Morales » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:38 am

Name: Robert Morales
1915-2009

Robert Morales

Les Paul

Postby Robert Morales » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:38 am

Name: Robert Morales
1915-2009

Richard Halasz

Birth, Wind & Fire

Postby Richard Halasz » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:59 am

Name: Richard Halasz
I hope that President Obama commands a second successful term of office. And just to piss off those who deserve aneurysms at the peak of their flailing and racist imbecilities, I hope the President titles his memoirs 'Birf Certificate!? I Don't Have No Motherfuckin' Birf Certificate!'

And I hope he includes my poem in his book.

Ode to the mindless meanderthals like palin, steele, beck, warren, wright, limbaugh, o'reilly, bachman etc etc etc

birther
oh, birther
your mama's a flat earther

Richard Halasz

Richard Halasz

Birth, Wind & Fire

Postby Richard Halasz » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:59 am

Name: Richard Halasz
I hope that President Obama commands a second successful term of office. And just to piss off those who deserve aneurysms at the peak of their flailing and racist imbecilities, I hope the President titles his memoirs 'Birf Certificate!? I Don't Have No Motherfuckin' Birf Certificate!'

And I hope he includes my poem in his book.

Ode to the mindless meanderthals like palin, steele, beck, warren, wright, limbaugh, o'reilly, bachman etc etc etc

birther
oh, birther
your mama's a flat earther

Richard Halasz

Seth

how's a fish-head in aspic sound?

Postby Seth » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:22 am

Name: Seth
it's probably too early for these kinds of questions, but any word on who'll be reading the audiobook version?

Seth

how's a fish-head in aspic sound?

Postby Seth » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:22 am

Name: Seth
it's probably too early for these kinds of questions, but any word on who'll be reading the audiobook version?

Brian Phillips

You can't have too much good thought and prayer.

Postby Brian Phillips » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:25 am

Name: Brian Phillips
To Susan: Glad to hear you are on the mend.

To Mark: Having lost both parents and my Mother-In-Law, you have my sympathies and should you wish a private e-mail exchange, let me know; I am not a trained professional, but consider me a fellow traveler.

To Seth:

It can be revealed! This is one of the candidates for the audio book version of HE's FHiA:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Trout ... eplica.jpg

To Alex:

Thank you for the "Becket" reference. It was one of my Mom's favorite movies.

Brian Phillips

Brian Phillips

You can't have too much good thought and prayer.

Postby Brian Phillips » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:25 am

Name: Brian Phillips
To Susan: Glad to hear you are on the mend.

To Mark: Having lost both parents and my Mother-In-Law, you have my sympathies and should you wish a private e-mail exchange, let me know; I am not a trained professional, but consider me a fellow traveler.

To Seth:

It can be revealed! This is one of the candidates for the audio book version of HE's FHiA:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Trout ... eplica.jpg

To Alex:

Thank you for the "Becket" reference. It was one of my Mom's favorite movies.

Brian Phillips

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:01 am

Name: Frank Church
My God, a new poll by Gallup sympathizes with the protesters. 35 percent of people say they more sympatize with the protesters, while 17 percent don't. 37 percent are unchanged.

We are 17 percent of the country. I say we name ourselves the fish-head militia. Semper Foo.

----------------

At a town hall meeting, a white man tore up a poster of Rosa Parks.

Be afraid.

--------------

Alfie Kohn makes the point that knowing facts and figures does not make one intelligent. Intelligence is more about how to use your mind to problem solve or forms of rational thought. Reason and intellectual rigor beat knowing who the 23rd President was. He mentions that his wife is a brilliant doctor who not only doesn't know basic multiplication tables, but is bad at punctuation. He makes this point to remind us that rethinking what makes us smart should be the norm.

He is against grades, tests, homework, awarding children, scoring sports contests, etc. Cool guy.

Sports is jingoistic and results in nationalistic behavior later in life. Case in point, the guy who threw the beer on the Phillies pitcher last night. These may be the same people who rah rah the war or support bringing guns to town halls.

Be afraid.

-------------

Mark, much love. Really. Hugs. Shalom.

-------------

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:01 am

Name: Frank Church
My God, a new poll by Gallup sympathizes with the protesters. 35 percent of people say they more sympatize with the protesters, while 17 percent don't. 37 percent are unchanged.

We are 17 percent of the country. I say we name ourselves the fish-head militia. Semper Foo.

----------------

At a town hall meeting, a white man tore up a poster of Rosa Parks.

Be afraid.

--------------

Alfie Kohn makes the point that knowing facts and figures does not make one intelligent. Intelligence is more about how to use your mind to problem solve or forms of rational thought. Reason and intellectual rigor beat knowing who the 23rd President was. He mentions that his wife is a brilliant doctor who not only doesn't know basic multiplication tables, but is bad at punctuation. He makes this point to remind us that rethinking what makes us smart should be the norm.

He is against grades, tests, homework, awarding children, scoring sports contests, etc. Cool guy.

Sports is jingoistic and results in nationalistic behavior later in life. Case in point, the guy who threw the beer on the Phillies pitcher last night. These may be the same people who rah rah the war or support bringing guns to town halls.

Be afraid.

-------------

Mark, much love. Really. Hugs. Shalom.

-------------

Return to “The Art Deco Dining Pavilion”