Great Bumperstickers

For the discussion of Movies, Television, Comics, and other existential distractions.

Moderator: Moderator

Donald Petersen

Postby Donald Petersen » Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:52 am

Probably not a new one, but one I saw driving down Foothill Blvd, just above a JPL license plate frame on a brown Volvo:

"If this car looks blue, you're driving too fast."

NASA Propellerhead humor, gotta love it!

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:09 am

Haven't seen that one. Very funny, that propellerhead humor.
- I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

David Loftus

Postby David Loftus » Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:26 pm

I dunno . . . sounds like one of them Doppler-Gangers.

So to speak.
War is, at first, the hope that one will be better off; next, the expectation that the other fellow will be worse off; then, the satisfaction that he isn't any better off; and, finally, the surprise at everyone's being worse off. - Karl Kraus

Davey C

Postby Davey C » Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:56 am

"'Zat manual or red shift?"

David Loftus

Postby David Loftus » Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:53 am

Saw one last week that had, I think, a drawing of a cell phone along the left margin, and said:

"Jesus called. He wants his religion back."
War is, at first, the hope that one will be better off; next, the expectation that the other fellow will be worse off; then, the satisfaction that he isn't any better off; and, finally, the surprise at everyone's being worse off. - Karl Kraus

paul

Postby paul » Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:31 pm

David, how do you see all these stickers if your nose is in a book while you're walking?

(Rhetorical, i remember your peripheral vision and closed-book calming effect for drivers).

Just watch out for the one that says 'I Don't Brake For Bibliophiles.'
The medium is the message.

David Loftus

Postby David Loftus » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:22 am

paul wrote:David, how do you see all these stickers if your nose is in a book while you're walking?

(Rhetorical, i remember your peripheral vision and closed-book calming effect for drivers).

Just watch out for the one that says 'I Don't Brake For Bibliophiles.'

* chuckle that almost became a coughing fit *

Well done, sir. I knew what you were talking about with just your first sentence.

Let me say that since I live in a carless household, I do a LOT of walking -- to and from work, to and from movie theaters and stage theaters (sometimes for rehearsals and performances in which I am featured, and sometimes just as a spectator), to and from the library (a gasping three blocks away, just like my office), and to and from meals out (usually in the company of the Missuz).

I don't read EVERY time I'm walking. I especially don't read if I'm in a big hurry, which often happens, because I ignore all electronic traffic signals, jaywalk, cut across parking lots and streetcar/rapid transit lines (which are all also within five blocks of our apartment), and my spouse doesn't take too kindly to my reading in her company if she isn't also doing so.

So now and then I notice things around me.

David Loftus

Postby David Loftus » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:48 am

"Don't Believe Everything You Think"

Also, saw a young fella wearing a T-shirt which pictured a bomber, and read "Democracy - We Deliver"

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:21 pm

"my car sucks, but at least I have this cool bumper sticker."

paul

Postby paul » Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:54 pm

Saw one yesterday.
"Monica Lewinsky's Boyfriend's Wife for President"

Guess that one'll come off soon.
The medium is the message.

David Loftus

Postby David Loftus » Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:10 am

Not a bumpersticker, but a T shirt (on a teen, of course):

"Homework kills trees

Stop the madness!"

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:32 am

Saw these in Orange County, of all places:

"200 days until 'Bush' is just a plant.
Oh, wait..."

and

"January 20, 2009
Independence Day"
- I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:18 pm

"My kid's in the joint. Hey, that's something."

David Loftus

Re: Great Bumperstickers

Postby David Loftus » Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:58 pm

A decent one: "I support separation of church and hate"

Great T-shirts this week. I saw one on a fairly scrawny looking woman that said "Vagina is for Lovers."

A portly man in a Yankees baseball cap also was wearing a shirt that said, "If you lick it, they will come."

And finally, the guy who was wearing a shirt that said:

"The Top Ten Reasons I Procrastinate:
1."

reddragon70

Re: Great Bumperstickers

Postby reddragon70 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:09 am

I did see one that read "Dyslexics Are Teople Poo" which caused me to smile greatly....

Return to “Pop Culture”