SIMON OF SPACE MOVIE?

For the discussion of Movies, Television, Comics, and other existential distractions.

Moderator: Moderator

Researcher

SIMON OF SPACE MOVIE?

Postby Researcher » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:09 am

Is anyone out there familiar with that massive Simon Of Space novel? I've read talk of turning it into a full-fledged movie. But it seems too long and diffuse to me for that to be done effectively. Anybody else have thoughts/feedback on how such might be done?

Here are links to some places it's posted for reading, I think:

http://storyzoo.com/simonofspace

http://www.backwash.com/contentboard.php?con_id=59199

http://simonofspace.blogspot.com/ . Scroll about half-way down the page. On the right side locate a heading that says: All Chapters By Date. Under that you'll find links to all 40-odd of the SOS chapters. So you should be able to read the entire thing without any problem.

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:03 am

Welcome "Researcher".

Can you give us a bit more detail on what you're looking for? Are you, in fact, Cheeseburger Brown and trying to drum up business???

(Nothing wrong with that, but we prefer you be a bit more open about it than playing games with "gee, isn't this cool" marketing tactics. If you're Brown or otherwise connected with the novel, just tell us. We don't bite hard if you're direct about what you want.)(And if you're not connected with the novel, what prompted an out-of-the-blue post to Harlan's forums???)

Regardless, let me offer the customary "Welcome to Webderland".

Steve B
- I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Researcher

Postby Researcher » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:30 pm

I came here hoping for some decent commentary because I have been disappointed so many other places. All too often about all my post has attracted are various type of trolls. Or if someone does actually try responding in a meaningful way almost without fail all they talk about are vague generalities concerning translating novels to film because they can't-be-bothered-to/don't-have-time-to, etc, etc, actually read any of SOS first. So I was hoping that maybe here I could obtain some intelligent feedback.

(I believe Hemming is now at work on a sequal to SOS. [And I shudder.])

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:06 pm

Researcher wrote:I came here hoping for some decent commentary because I have been disappointed so many other places. All too often about all my post has attracted are various type of trolls. Or if someone does actually try responding in a meaningful way almost without fail all they talk about are vague generalities concerning translating novels to film because they can't-be-bothered-to/don't-have-time-to, etc, etc, actually read any of SOS first. So I was hoping that maybe here I could obtain some intelligent feedback.

(I believe Hemming is now at work on a sequal to SOS. [And I shudder.])

Excellent. Thank you for the clarification. You'll find the folks here capable of a great deal of thoughtful discourse, along with the pretty good occasional food fight.

I'm not familiar with the novel in question, but I'm reasonably sure others here will offer something up.

Apologies if I seemed suspicious, but, well, it's my turn to be the cynic around here.

Thanks again for joining us, and feel free to post on other threads as well.
- I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Researcher

Postby Researcher » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:23 pm

While I hardly expect anyone here to read the entire thing (certainly at one shot), I was hoping maybe some might be willing to peruse at least enough to provide some insightful commentary/feedback on some relevant level.

Return to “Pop Culture”