As "The Red Skull" -- Hugo Weaving?

For the discussion of Movies, Television, Comics, and other existential distractions.

Moderator: Moderator

K. M. Kirby

As "The Red Skull" -- Hugo Weaving?

Postby K. M. Kirby » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:32 pm

As it appears that the leading man for a newer, hopefully of "Iron Man" quality, Captain America film seems to be locked in, it bears noting that, in the role of the Red Skull, the current top contender, purportedly, is none other than the player of Elrond and, from the various Matrices, Agent Smith.

I wonder how they will do his head up for this. Maybe something similar to the Night Rider, but without the flames?
--kk

K. M. Kirby

CORRECTION

Postby K. M. Kirby » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:36 pm

Wait -- that's the Ghost Rider (not any Night Rider) sporting a skull head with flaming effects on it!
--kk

markabaddon

Re: As "The Red Skull" -- Hugo Weaving?

Postby markabaddon » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:57 am

Kevin, in the comics, the Red Skull is wearing a mask. Under it he looks like a normal guy. Not sure I like the pick of the guy who played the Human Torch in the FF films as Cap, but he was never one of my favorites, anyway, so I will not getr up in arms over this (unlike, say, the fatwa I issues against Brett Ratner for shitting on the Phoenix storyline...)
Governments, if they endure, always tend increasingly toward aristrocratic forms. No gov't in history has been known to evade this pattern. And as the aristocracy develops, gov't tends more and mroe to act exclusively in the interests of the ruling class

K. M. Kirby

Re: As "The Red Skull" -- Hugo Weaving?

Postby K. M. Kirby » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:22 pm

As I recall, without going back to look at the actual source materials, the Red Skull's mask was expressive enough to actually change in relation to surrounding events. If such is the case, a cgi mask would beat out an articulated prop any day of the week, hands down.

And the thing is, nowadays, such a computer-generated head could be based entirely on the facial expressions of an actor's face.
--kk

Return to “Pop Culture”