THE DOCTOR...is in

For the discussion of Movies, Television, Comics, and other existential distractions.

Moderator: Moderator

Steve Evil

Re: THE DOCTOR...is in

Postby Steve Evil » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:24 pm

Spoilers as well

Well, only modest ones, but why take chances?

The Cybermen seem to be the Go-To monster for Supervillains in need of a Robot Army. Surprised the Master hasn't thought of it before actually.

I think his return as "The Mistress" is really Moffat's way of preparing the audience for a female Doctor. First, winning us Old Schoolers over with the excellent Michelle Gomez (whom I actually liked a lot better than John Simm), and then presenting us with the truly awful possibility that it would be Clara Oswald! Now, don't get me wrong, I don't mind Clara at all, but the idea that the whole season, Capaldi's entire tenure as the Doctor was just a sham to shoe-horn her into the spot - now that was taking the piss!
And when they did the whole "Just kidding", there was an immense sigh, and a "fine, fine, do your girly Doctor thing if you must. But let Peter have his day."

Rather clever really.

Rick Keeney

Postby Rick Keeney » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:52 am

Interesting conversation this morning at breakfast with the elementary schoolers. Three of us, me a first grader and a third grader. They spoke as intelligently about Doctor Who as any of us. The third grader (female) is now watching LOST. I said, "Yick. Too much kissing. Freckles is always kissing someone." She smiled ear to ear.

Rick Keeney

Postby Rick Keeney » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:21 pm

We're home sick. One episode of DOCTOR WHO after the other today. Mostly Tennant. Mostly super fun. Mostly nothing else. The new Harlan vid on youtube.

Steve Evil

Postby Steve Evil » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:33 pm

There are worse ways to wile away an afternoon. . .

Return to “Pop Culture”