Quotes that inspire you and help you be your best

For the discussion of Movies, Television, Comics, and other existential distractions.

Moderator: Moderator

paul

Quotes that inspire you and help you be your best

Postby paul » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:19 am

This thread'll probably drift a bit from time to time, from quotes we just like to ones we heard and agree with to ones we heard and don't agree with. I imagine it may stir some debate, and I'm no old hand at moderation. I hope it won't, and I don't really think it will, turn in to a heavy argumentative arena. So I ask we enjoy our quotes, share, discuss, laugh and think. I prefer accredited quotes, but Anonymous will surely slip in. No drive-by quip-shooting for no reason, please. It's nice to hear what people have taken from where, at what time in their lives.
I have no idea if I'll touch this thread every day, but I'll probably also put up a dozen a night if the mood strikes. So, let's have fun.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Looking to my right, on the wall next to the closet, I have a collection of playbills and placard posters from plays, readings and musicals I've attended. David Sedaris, Sarah Vowel, Spaulding Grey, John Waters, Sam Shepard. Tacked to the middle bottom, almost as a tree trunk for the rest sprouting above it, is a 4"x12" vertical lavender/white swirled piece of posterboard I cut out and made. On it, in grease pencil calligraphy:

"Art is whatever makes us proud to be human."~ Amiri Baraka
The medium is the message.

FrankChurch

Re: Quotes that inspire you and help you be your best

Postby FrankChurch » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:25 pm

Paul, you come and go but I love you.

Adam Smith:

"How selfish soever man may be supposed, there are evidently some principles in his nature, which interest him in the fortune of others, and render their happiness necessary to him, though he derives nothing from it except the pleasure of seeing it."

The Republicans don't actually read him.

Return to “Pop Culture”