THE PAVILION ANNEX

General discussions of interest to readers and fans of Harlan Ellison.

Moderator: Moderator

Lori Koonce

Re: THE PAVILION ANNEX

Postby Lori Koonce » Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:14 pm

What did I do now Mr Keeney?

Gwyneth M905

Postby Gwyneth M905 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:01 am

diane bartels wrote:Hi, Gwyneth and all,
How are you, Gwyn? No, my Sparky passed away of a heart murmur in 2000. She was 11 years old, and I had her from the time she was 12 weeks. I miss her still. She was a very sweet dog. Currently. I have two cats, Hootie Toby and Mandy Oreo and a pet rat, Snowflake. My sister has two dogs, Skiddles and Buddy, my brothers have a golden lab mix named Barney, and two parakeets. So were are abundant in the critter department. One day I will start a thread where all of us who are nuts about animals can rave about ours.
How are things in San Fran? I'm hoping a lot of us can get together in Minneapolis next year. Take care.

Hiya Diane! :D Do you prefer "diane" or is "Diane" ok? I ask because I have a friend who is officially all lower case like e.e. cummings. I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. (I think I will go ahead and start a thread about pets.) Poor Adam-Troy, he really worked so hard to save Ralph. But infections are tricky things. I think he made the only humane decision, given that the infection was moving to Ralph's eye.

Lovely pets, but --ok personal preference here, so please don't take offense-- how can you keep a rat for a pet? :o I mean, I associate them with very antisocial behaviours and well, the Black Plague. Do they interact much? I had a guinea pig named Pig Floyd when I was much younger and he would "talk" to me, chatter and hoot and squeal in response to my voice. So he was a fun pet even though he didn't do much.

I'm sure that Snowflake is very cute though! :)

What's going on in Minneapolis next year that all the Webderlanders are attending? I'm in the dark about these things. ;)
Take care, :)
Gwyn

Dear Frank,
Mercury in retrograde heralds potential career advancement for you. Sometimes the best way to change things is from the inside out:

https://www.mossad.gov.il/Eng/recruit/Register/Explanations.aspx

Do be sure to put that you can lick your own genitals on the form. That kind of flexibility must be an asset to any intelligence-gathering organization.

Steve, Steve, Steve, :P
Kosher is what Muslims can eat when Halal isn't available. Kosher = Halal. For all intents and purposes. Especially when a big juicy hot dog with sauerkraut and latkes with applesauce and sour cream are on the table. NOM NOM NOM!!! Oh, and in case any of you jokers are wondering...for me, alla' the time a hot dog is just a hot dog, and not a penis substitute. Now where was I in my castrating bitch rant? :twisted:

Rick, I agree that what needs to happen is exactly what isn't happening: racial profiling and patdowns before people are allowed on airlines. I hate to say it, but experience has shown that it works. Singling out my 73 year old mom for a body search on a domestic flight from SF to Bumblefuck, Iowa is a waste of time, effort and taxpayer money. Singling out someone coming from a country where terrorism is rampant, whose name is already on a suspected terrorist list, and who fits the profile of a terrorist: male 19-35, has been a proved deterrent to attacks.

Richard Keeney

Postby Richard Keeney » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:55 am

Diane, do you live in the Twin Cities.

happy new year, hippies. and to the rest of you. minus any dipshits.

rick
"It would be interesting to know what it is men are most afraid of. Taking a new step, uttering a new word is what they fear most."
--F. Dostoievsky, from CRIME AND PUNISHMENT

Steve Evil

Postby Steve Evil » Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:45 am

So I absent myself for just a couple days and look what happens! Discussions about self felatio! It appears I got back just in the nick of time.

Gwyneth M905

Postby Gwyneth M905 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:19 am

Steve Evil wrote:So I absent myself for just a couple days and look what happens! Discussions about self felatio! It appears I got back just in the nick of time.

We haven't heard from Frank in several days. Given Lori's suggestion (see above), it's an ominous sign. Perhaps he gave it the old college try and set his neck and back into spasms in the attempt. Perhaps Frank is trying to dial 911 with his toes even as we chat.

Or, perhaps he *did* apply to join Mossad, was accepted, and is even now training in anti-terrorist tactics while giving lectures on Noam Chomsky to his squadron-mates.

How is "old Blighty" treating you? :) Do tell all about your adventures!

Lori Koonce

Postby Lori Koonce » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:46 am

We haven't heard from Frank in several days. Given Lori's suggestion (see above), it's an ominous sign. Perhaps he gave it the old college try and set his neck and back into spasms in the attempt. Perhaps Frank is trying to dial 911 with his toes even as we chat.

Gwynnie

I think you misunderstood my words. All though I have seen guys who could auto fellate, I wasn't suggesting he go learn how.

It was more of an observation that if he's so willing to leave the female outta it it's no surprise that he's still single.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:53 am

Lori, I wasn't going to be a pig. Your mouth can venture down my way any time...lol

To be honest, I was never that into the act. Most men love it, not me. I heard gay men do it better..lol

Happy New Year, fuckers.

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:07 pm

Y'know. There are days I venture into the Forums wondering where the topics have gone.

And there are days I wish I hadn't sipped at a cup of coffee just before doing so.
- I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:10 pm

Barber, hot coffee on a roller coaster is bad, love.

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:14 pm

Side note on how happy we are that 2009 is done: we found out, just yesterday, that a friend and fellow musician who we hadn't talked to in a few months, passed away at the end of November.

The last we'd spoken to him (Cris, actually) was around the middle of October. He was a real force of nature. He played bass for a band called SAVAGE CITY, a possibly familiar name for those of you who live in Orange County. (You can see pics of them on my website, under the Shooting Musicians page.) He died from a cancer he'd been fighting for more than a year. A month ago.

And nobody thought to call us.

Fuck 2009.
- I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Gwyneth M905

Postby Gwyneth M905 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:37 pm

Steve, I'm sorry for your loss. Yeah, 2009 was a doozy. :(

Frankie! Welcome back, ya' ole' fuck! What the fuck fucked you that you haven't given a fuck about us fuckers in such a fuckin' long time? :twisted:

You really should apply to Mossad. I TRIPLE DOG DARE YOU :!: :!: :!: :!:

Lori, luv,

No misunderstanding, just foreknowledge of our fuckin' friend's fanciful fellation fantasies. :wink:
I want to learn the ways of the Force and become a Jedi Knight, the same as my Father.
STAR WARS (1977)

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:09 pm

Damned apostate.

diane bartels

Postby diane bartels » Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:30 pm

Hi guys. One thing I must say for all youse guys, youre never boring.
Steve, I am so sorry for the loss of your friend. This was a pain of a year. You and Cris take care.
Rick, I am a Chicago gal, born and raised. l ove the place 10 months of the. yeaar Not so much right now. Cold. Ice. Snow.
Frank, always keep us in the loop. We worry otherwise. I'm curious. The Irish blasphemy law you commented on in the Pav. Does it forbid saying screw God, Jesus was a man, stuff like that? Or does it forbid saying You Catholics screw pigs, you Prods screw your moms, you are all baby killers. (P,S. I believe none of that. I am saying for example) Cause if it's the latter, while I dont agree with the restriction, I can understand given the Troubles in that poor country, their motivation. See ya'll

diane bartels

Postby diane bartels » Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:57 pm

Bored now. Going out to dinner laterer with the siblings. Where are you guys. Need lively conversation. Need a laugh. Lonely, lonely. Going yo call my good friend Monica to tell her I can mrrt her next week for lunch. Meet her. Duh me.

Jan

Postby Jan » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:27 am

Y'know. There are days I venture into the Forums wondering where the topics have gone.

Not surprising when people create a new thread for each body part they intend to scratch. The forums are becoming less and less attractive.
I don't wanna know what Harlan thinks when he looks at the forums.

It would be a start if people used informative subject lines. Not informative: "Ummmmm . . . .", "Scottish Ban?" and frankly most other subject lines. Let's have fewer threads with a wider thematic range and a longer life: "Politics" and so on (see below). Similarly in the pop culture forum.
I suggest we decide what they should be and just create them (or rename existing ones) instead of relying on individual members and visitors. The threads can link back to similar threads that we're putting to rest.
"Random" thoughts a la "Rantage part who knows what", "I'm Getting the Vaccine" should just be put right here (Annex), like I said before, or in the person's personal thread in the Webderlanders section. (See David's and Steve's threads there.)
Threads like "How can I find previous software versions of my iPhone on my", "Where can i find a comparison between the LG xenon and the I" should be deleted as soon as they appear. Those people or vandals don't deserve mercy.

A list of possible general threads
"Politics", "Society", "Life", "Internet", "Places", "Music", "Books", "Comics", "TV", "Movies", "God", "Environment", "History", "Writing", "Webderland", "Harlan Ellison", "Barack Obama", "Josh Olson". Naturally the content should reflect the titles (I know, a hard concept for Webderlanders to accept) and we better have a seperate thread for all personal stuff and banter to play out in. History teaches that.

The Pop culture forum would be about *particular* films, tv shows, lik Dr Who etc. - I think culture should be part of the general forum. The reading thread could be retitled and moved here as "Books".

When we're done the place should look a whole lot beter and we should announce the changes in the Pavilion.

Return to “General”