Frank Church's news corner, the sequel.

General discussions of interest to readers and fans of Harlan Ellison.

Moderator: Moderator

Lori Koonce

Re: Frank Church's news corner, the sequel.

Postby Lori Koonce » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:57 pm

Diane

Before I got married, my last name was Bush. My dad used to like to get my goat by telling me it was a a good thing that my mom named my brother and me. When I would ask him why he'd tell me he wanted to name us Rose and Thorn.

diane bartels

Postby diane bartels » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:10 pm

Lori, lol

Chuck Messer

Postby Chuck Messer » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:57 pm

It's like I've always said: People with the last name "Weed" should never name their son Richard. Same thing for the name "Head". Both real last names.

Chuck
Some people are wedded to their ideology the way nuns are wed to God.

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:51 am

I kid you not -- we used to have a guy at work who was named Richard, but went by the nickname Dick. His last name was Smallwood.
- I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

markabaddon

Postby markabaddon » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:06 pm

Working in HR, I get to see a lot of employee's names.

My favorite one was when I was at the paper, there was a guy on our flor whose name was My Hyman. My was a little Asian guy, and tended to move rather quickly through the hallways. I was always afraid that I would accidentally run into him, knock him over and be forced to exclaim,

"My god, I have broken My Hyman!"
Governments, if they endure, always tend increasingly toward aristrocratic forms. No gov't in history has been known to evade this pattern. And as the aristocracy develops, gov't tends more and mroe to act exclusively in the interests of the ruling class

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:01 pm

Barber wins the Beavis and Butthead award.

------

I still can't get over the fact that Klavan thinks Rush Limbaugh represents the constitution--pill popping yes, but...

cynic

Postby cynic » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:04 pm

libertarian: Walter Williams: Up From the Projects
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7butJGdU ... ideo_title
follow your bliss,mike

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:34 pm

I just found this out from an appearance by Dick Cavett on telly: Nixon, not liking an interview he did with Cavett, had the whole show's staff audited!

Rot in hell you bitch ass punk.

Which one do you think will get it in the ass first, Kissinger or Nixon?

Steve Evil

Postby Steve Evil » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:50 pm

Nixon, since Kissinger's not dead yet. . .

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:15 pm

Kissinger's a zombie.

---------

Netanyahu is bombing Gaza. Wow, how convenient.

Will stay out of the news, because of our war in Libya. Yes, a war.

----------

Huffingtonpost has pictures from Der Spiegel of our wonderful soldiers posing with dead Afghanis like they are deer. Oh, the humanity.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:21 pm

We are mad because France attacked Libya first. I knew something like this would happen, proving my point that if we don't strike first, we act like imperial babies.

We are the world's bullies, we punch first. We will let Israel punch first, but that's our usual hypocracy.

Unilateralism is our weapon. Bush lives on.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:36 pm

The President CANNOT declare war without congressional oversight. Shameful.

--------

Hamas really helps their punk ass cause by bombing a bus in Jerusalem. Granted, Israel struck first, killing two kids, but there has to be a better way.

Harlan is right, that area is crazy.

cynic

Postby cynic » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:49 pm

what did you think of the video frank.
follow your bliss,mike

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:10 pm

Mike, waves hands. On the Williams video, it's the usual dumb ass right/libertarian garbage.

He's obviously against the 1964 civil rights act. Even Rand Paul backtracked on that. He might as well help the Klan light a cross.

He does know that the Great Society program helped poverty go down by 50 percent.

Ironic that both him and Noam Chomsky were both born in Philadelphia, but took two totally different paths. Walter Williams does know that poverty was much different back then then it is now. There is a demoralization to today's poverty that they didn't have in the 30s. Chomsky remembered that.

Black Mayors is about the elite, right leanings of the dumb ass democratic party and their need to suck up to corporate America. Blacks will vote for a white guy over a black, especially if that black person is a Republican. The democratic party supports shitty candidates. I blame us for not giving blacks a reason to vote third party.

I actually emailed Williams about a year ago, asked him to debate Michael Albert on anarchist economics. He refused, basically saying that anarchism was silly. Now we know why he subs for Rush all the time. A pretty boring guy. Not much of an intellect. Thomas Sowell is a more rancorous foil.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:20 pm

THERE IS NO FREE MARKET!! Will these jackasses quit saying that damned lie. Computers, electronics, airplanes, roads, electric lines, all subsidized by government. You down one lie and another flies at you like cow shit.

--------

Mike, how dare you give me that video! That idiot Williams actually advocates leaving the country. Why, you say? Because Obama is taking away their liberties.

Keep gold, silver, the Gestapo is coming to take away your wealth. He compares it to the Jews not keeping gold to leave Austria in the 30s. He does know it was Wall Street that fucked us, not Obama? Obama saved capitalism. Why do you think I and others are so angry at him right now? Not because he wears red jammies.

When we advocate leaving the country they call us un-American. The hypocracy of these idjits. arggh.

Mike, if you ever....

Are you punishing me? haha.

Return to “General”